Skyrim's Labyrinthian

#1ChooseThyFacePosted 7/23/2011 10:25:11 PM
The very first Elder Scrolls game, Arena, requires you to travel all over Tamriel in search of the pieces of the Staff of Chaos. One of these pieces lies in "Labyrinthian", a labyrinth location in Skyrim province. Arena's map clearly shows the location of Labyrinthian, as well as many other smaller locations in Skyrim. (Below is a copy of a map so you n00bs can get caught up).

I assume that Bethesda will include these locations in the new Skyrim game to preserve a key consistency in the series. Bethesda and it's attention to detail - especially regarding the Elder Scrolls - certainly could never make such an oversight, nor could it resign itself to such a serious discontinuity. So I'm confident we can look forward to a labyrinth in Skyrim, naturally peppered with dragons, minotaurs and oodles of traps.

Labyrinthian, I'm ready for ya!

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/gallery_files/minibigmaproadslore31gv.jpg
#2DoctorScrapsPosted 7/23/2011 10:27:03 PM
You'll also notice that the final location of the staff was in Dagoth Ur, Morrowind, which we now know as Red Mountain, Dagoth Ur being changed to a person. So they're probably on top of that.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#3HerbalSkyrimPosted 7/23/2011 10:40:17 PM
Very interesting... *offers pipe*
---
I like weed
#4Mateo_HazePosted 7/23/2011 10:43:12 PM

DoctorScraps posted...
You'll also notice that the final location of the staff was in Dagoth Ur, Morrowind, which we now know as Red Mountain, Dagoth Ur being changed to a person. So they're probably on top of that.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.

Hes not saying were going to be searching for the staff in the game. He is saying that he thinks the labyrinth maybe a dungeon they have in the game.

#5EchinoStarefishPosted 7/24/2011 12:04:06 AM
Mateo_Haze posted...

DoctorScraps posted...

You'll also notice that the final location of the staff was in Dagoth Ur, Morrowind, which we now know as Red Mountain, Dagoth Ur being changed to a person. So they're probably on top of that.---I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.

Hes not saying were going to be searching for the staff in the game. He is saying that he thinks the labyrinth maybe a dungeon they have in the game.

DoctorScraps was saying that Bethesda was inconsistent between Arena and Morrowind in that they changed Dagoth Ur from a location to an NPC.

Wait, Scraps, isn't the caldera of Red Mountain still called Dagoth Ur?
---
"Blessed we are."
"I'm in the middle of some calibrations."