When does amazon usually ship pre orders?

#1zzazzgamerPosted 11/9/2011 6:13:24 PM
I have release date delivery on amazon for Skyrim and I was wondering when they ship game pre orders, I've never pre ordered a game on amazon.
---
Hello Mate!!
#2spawnroidPosted 11/9/2011 6:17:25 PM

zzazzgamer posted...
I have release date delivery on amazon for Skyrim and I was wondering when they ship game pre orders, I've never pre ordered a game on amazon.
---
Hello Mate!!

The day before. So tomorrow. I used to do it for games beforfe I was 17, and I always got them on time. 

#3zzazzgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2011 6:19:48 PM
Sweet, thanks!
---
Hello Mate!!
#4YodaCrackersPosted 11/9/2011 7:43:58 PM(edited)
Sometimes not even until the night of the day before, but you will get it no matter what. Amazon is incapable of failing. If you check almost any board of a new release the day before launch, there will be people complaining that Amazon has not sent their copy yet and they are angry. People will be complaining up until the turn of the next day. But everyone always gets their copy even if it was sent after midnight on the day of release, except for on extremely rare occasions where something goes wrong.
#5xtacbPosted 11/9/2011 8:00:40 PM(edited)
nope Amazon release date shipping does not mean it will always arrive on release day

My Dark Souls release date shipping order was delayed, and so was many other peoples orders
if you were on the PS3 Dark Souls board at the time of release you would have noticed the mess that Amazon caused (mainly with the CE)

Amazon Pre-orders: Where are you, what did you order and is it on it's way?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60525998?page=14

Many posters in that thread and in others said they got the game late
My game was 2 days late

i still have the email from Amazon in my mailbox, heres an excerpt:

Because we were unable to meet our guaranteed delivery date promise, we are refunding the shipping charges for your entire order. This refund should be processed within the next few days, and we will send you an e-mail to let you know when the refund has been completed.

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible and we'll send you an e-mail to confirm shipment.

Any other items in your order will not be affected by this delay.

They refunded my $0.99 release day shipping but gave me game days later, great!

SO "usually" Amazon release day shipping works as advertised but sometimes it does not (and dark souls was a big game 1.5million sold too so its not like it was a niche game)

and because of the Dark Souls mess, (which my order was delayed to 2 days after release), im not going to use Amazon for any release day shipping games that i MUST HAVE, such as skyrim

for other games which i dont care about getting ASAP, ill use amazon, like Saints Row the third
---
WoW: Talho #11 top warrior dps on 25 Saurfang and Festergut *WorldWide* and #1 world BPC, as of 4/7/10
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3
#6LeoBrZ81Posted 11/9/2011 7:50:38 PM
I'm gonna feel like an uber-nerd for asking this, but what time of day do these things usually arrive?
#7desire_armedPosted 11/9/2011 7:54:26 PM
LeoBrZ81 posted...
I'm gonna feel like an uber-nerd for asking this, but what time of day do these things usually arrive?

If you're in the U.S., Amazon ships with UPS (sooooometimes FedEx). It really varies, UPS says they can deliver as late as 7 p.m. in some areas.

Best estimate: when does the FedEx guy usually come to your place? I get most things delivered between 10 a.m. and noon, but sometimes it's later. No real way to know.
---
I guarantee you that each of those Ri'sallidad had an escape route he or she failed to use, and died saying, "Damn." -- The Ahzirr Traajijazeri
#8MastaMenacePosted 11/9/2011 7:55:21 PM
YodaCrackers posted...
Sometimes not even until the night of the day before, but you will get it no matter what. Amazon is incapable of failing. If you check almost any board of a new release the day before launch, there will be people complaining that Amazon has not sent their copy yet and they are angry. People will be complaining up until the turn of the next day. But everyone always gets their copy even if it was sent after midnight on the day of release, except for on extremely rare occasions where something goes wrong.

QFT
#9KidInTheHallPosted 11/9/2011 8:00:05 PM
I love RDD with Amazon, probably ordered 10 or more games it and everyone got to me on release day, even the big stuff like the Epic Edition of Gears 3, the Halo Reach 360 and I ordered 2 of the big Mortal Kombat Tournament editions and got both on release day.

Best .99 cents you can spend.
---
Xbox Live GT : EVL Ripper / Playstation Network : EVL_Ripper
#10LeoBrZ81Posted 11/9/2011 8:10:03 PM
desire_armed posted...
LeoBrZ81 posted...

If you're in the U.S., Amazon ships with UPS (sooooometimes FedEx). It really varies, UPS says they can deliver as late as 7 p.m. in some areas.

Best estimate: when does the FedEx guy usually come to your place? I get most things delivered between 10 a.m. and noon, but sometimes it's later. No real way to know.

Well I've never really cared this much about other things I've ordered, so I'm not sure... I would just check the mail cuz I felt like it at some point, and my things were there... This is different. I mean, I'm in California, Hollywood area... maybe I should use the interwebz to find out by my location...