I'm honored to bring you the first game-breaking glitch... -_- Help? Hopefully?

#1POOKISTANPosted 11/13/2011 4:13:01 AM
LIGHT SPOILERS

So I talked to Bryjoff who apparently can get me into the Thieves Guild - I was interested in joining but the initiation has you stealing a ring from a display and planting it in somebody else's pocket while he creates a diversion. The problem? The display with the ring is at a height where you can't crouch/sneak to get it so you basically cannot complete the quest without a potion of invisibility - I left this quest for later for that very reason...

Eventually in the story quests you are asked to speak to Bryjoff but he doesn't seem to have the option to do so - I'm assuming the Thieves Guild initiation quest is overriding it which isn't all that big of a deal since I was able to get a potion of invisibility. So I do exactly what he asks - Tell him to make the distraction, steal the ring, plant it in Brand-Shei's pocket. He never stops the distraction though! I can use the wait function to wait for hours at the location and the crowd will still be there! Beyond that I looked at my quest log and I don't see a listing for this quest where I plant the ring on this guy even though it's obviously initiated...

-_-

Anyone have any problems with this quest? I'm hoping it's not as simple as "Well, you're f***** because quests are overlapping..." If you've gotten into the thieves guild please let me know if you did (or didn't) run into any problems with this quest - I'm not gonna' be happy if I gotta' wait for the next patch to, hopefully, continue my game...
#2NaxochilsPosted 11/13/2011 4:14:33 AM
See here's the thing. You're trying the case in the front. It's the back of his stall. Break in then break into the chest. That's the ring. Ik because i watched my friend do it too.
---
Ben and Jerry's Flavor Council- One of Silentzed's boss ideas for Icecream Citadel.
In this topic, proper math means that 4 is a quarter of 12 - Mastermidget23
#3hohokevPosted 11/13/2011 4:14:40 AM
you steal it from a safe in the bottom, not from the display case
#4UndietakerPosted 11/13/2011 4:14:42 AM
The ring is under the stall, sounds to me like you're trying to use the wrong ring.
#5kpearwutPosted 11/13/2011 4:16:44 AM
game breaking? more like thief's quest breaking. Go on to the main quest and forget it ever happened.
#6froztynugzPosted 11/13/2011 4:17:52 AM
Yeah, wrong ring. It's called madesis ring or something, in her "safe" under the stall. Very possible without invisibility
#7POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 4:18:29 AM
kpearwut posted...
game breaking? more like thief's quest breaking. Go on to the main quest and forget it ever happened.

You can't continue the quest until you've completed that quest...

Thanks for the info about the ring - That's prolly it. Kinda' dumb he's not more clear about that especially considering there's a ring in the display...
#8UndietakerPosted 11/13/2011 4:19:53 AM
POOKISTAN posted...
kpearwut posted...

Thanks for the info about the ring - That's prolly it. Kinda' dumb he's not more clear about that especially considering there's a ring in the display...

He is very clear about it. He specifically tells you it's under the stall in a lock box.

Ears are you friend.
#9froztynugzPosted 11/13/2011 4:21:18 AM
POOKISTAN posted...
kpearwut posted...

Yeah, I didn't realize u could open the bottom of the stands at first, but I figured it out quickly once I noticed