Grand Staff of Charming -- quest item?

#1jackmorrowPosted 11/13/2011 4:10:09 PM
I got a Grand Staff of Charming from Movarth's Lair on two separate loads of the dungeon now. It's a quest item with a weight of 8, but I have no idea what quest it goes to. Not sure if this is a bug.

Does anyone know what quest this staff is associated with or how to get rid of it?
#2VividAxisPosted 11/13/2011 11:09:54 PM
I have it too but I've never been to Movarth's Lair. I don't think that's where you got that staff. I have the big Prima game guide. It doesn't have Grand Staff of Charming listed anywhere in the index and it doesn't mention that staff anywhere on the pages about Movarth's Lair. I've been searching this book for over an hour and I can't find where that staff comes from or who it's supposed to go to.
#3_MechaGrievous_Posted 11/13/2011 11:13:34 PM
If Mortavhs lair is that really far north ice cave, the staff is part of the quest chain to get Ommund's friendship in the College of Winterhold.
---
Official Dark Lord of PotD
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc137/Lordgrievous/t5q1dd.png
#4VividAxisPosted 11/13/2011 11:45:01 PM
That's it. The Prima guide says "The staff is located randomly, somewhere in one of Skyrim's dungeons or crypts." page 193

Take the staff to Enthir in the Hall of Attainment. He exchanges it for an amulet that you give to Onmund.
#5VividAxisPosted 11/14/2011 12:21:03 PM
I took the staff to him but there are no options to talk about it. In the quest menu it's still unmarked that I found the staff. It says I need to search Shriekwind Bastion for it. I went back there and I've been through every room at least 3 times. I can't find another staff. It looks like this is a glitch. I guess I have to keep the staff. I think I found it before he asked me to get it.
#6VividAxisPosted 11/14/2011 3:53:54 PM
It doesn't matter!

Quest items do NOT have weight.

I removed every item that I could from my personal inventory and my weight is at zero.