wall mounts

#1ludwig2794Posted 11/13/2011 9:19:55 PM
how do you hang weapons on the wall plaques in your house, particularly in whiterun? there is a plaque but nothing to activate when i go near it. also, can you hang things like animal pelts or antlers anywhere?
#2XDemonJokerXPosted 11/13/2011 9:22:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I wish i could hang my weapons on the wall or something or even use the weapon holder in my house!
---
Dude i was so pumped about finding the penguin too!
GamerTag XDemonJokerX
#3SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 11/13/2011 9:25:17 PM
There was a trick in Oblivion with the paint brushes. When you dropped a paint brush you could pick it up and let go and it would stay in that spot, so you could make your own mounts in your house. I wonder if there is something like this in Skyrim.

Paint brush trick was also cool for fights, you could make stairs into the sky with them and hop up them one by one to have a perch above enemies.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#4MindfazrPosted 11/13/2011 9:28:49 PM
My son was playing next to me with PC version and he just clicked the wall mount and it opened his inventory to select a weapon to mount. I have 360 version and didnt try, but from your post I guess that borked.

He has other problems though, i can tell my dog to stay in my house, he cant (on PC) the dog just leaves.
#5ludwig2794(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 9:32:52 PM
my brother did it with his character by just clicking on the wall plaque. i dont even have that option
#6boredkid101Posted 11/13/2011 9:36:27 PM
I believe it says this the first time you activate it, but you have to have whatever weapon you want to place into the stand equipped before accessing it.
---
Kay - I still reserve the right to S*** MYSELF OOCLY if it randomly starts snowing.
Marsh - And I reserve the right to abuse that for my own petty amusement.
#7Kai_LagunaPosted 11/13/2011 9:41:33 PM
In whiterun, the only one that seems to work is the one at the top of the stairs. The one above the front door doesn't, neither does the one above your bed, though that one comes with swords and shields already on it.