windhelm murder problem

#1Mushu_IVPosted 11/14/2011 8:26:51 AM
has anyone else having problems getting the quest to start ive been in and out of the city dozens of times and tried coming back at all different times of night and no luck
---
falling on your own sword doesnt count
#2Mushu_IV(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 8:33:00 AM
bump
---
#3AtrabiliousPosted 11/14/2011 8:35:15 AM

Yeah, I'm having this problem too.

Keep getting people talking about the murders in windhelm, at which point I decided to dole out some justice.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to start the quest or get anyone to ask me how to start it. Starting to wonder if it's genuinely a quest or if it's literally just a subject of conversation.

#4dreamtheater33Posted 11/14/2011 8:36:21 AM
its a quest the guide says enter and exit 4 times in a row.
---
i hear Chuck Norris is so tough there no chin under his beard only another fist.
#5OrionFortunePosted 11/14/2011 8:36:33 AM
1. It is a quest, and I have it.
2. I seem to be stuck in the middle of it for some reason.
#6Mushu_IV(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 8:41:07 AM
im wondering if its glitched then ive entered and left the city way too many times...
---
#7KentathonPosted 11/14/2011 2:23:26 PM
the quest starts when an npc dies in the graveyard.

unfortunately that seems to happen completely at random, you could potentially see it your first time in town and it could take thousands of in game hours for it to happen
#8vcaronPosted 11/15/2011 6:08:16 PM
The quest started for me after I completed the "battle of whiterun" quest from stormcloak...I had just completerd the white phial as well....I walked through the cemetery and a group was crowded around a dead NPC, a guard spoke to me and the quest began.........the first time I played the quest I encountered a bug that wouldnt let me finish the quest......I loaded back before the quest and did it again making sure to do everything in the exact order said by the NPCs, and I completed the quest...
#9flowingcrimsonPosted 11/16/2011 7:11:52 AM
OrionFortune posted...
1. It is a quest, and I have it.
2. I seem to be stuck in the middle of it for some reason.

I'm also stuck in the middle.. it tells me to examine the crime scene but there's nothing there to examine.. there's a marker over the grave and that's it. Also says to follow up on the clues from Hjerim and get assistance from Jorleif. Jorleif isn't telling me jack squat and as for the clues, well.. I dunno. I'm wondering if I messed up somewhere along the line.. but whatever it is, I can't seem to get past it.
#10NoVATSinmyCODPosted 11/16/2011 7:13:19 AM
I finished it but am stuck with the necklace.