Master difficulty lol..

#1MyeaPosted 11/14/2011 9:41:04 PM
Ok so I started a new game with my Khaajit "thief" Bow/1hand

Without the bow master difficulty is impossible. The spider boss in bleak falls near the start only way to kill it is to sit in the other room and spam arrows. It is impossible to melee most enemy's in master difficulty.

The spider 1 shots you by the way...
#2Face_LostPosted 11/14/2011 9:42:56 PM
I have been playing Expert mode with my thiefish character and without sneaking and the bow it would be absolutely impossible. I don't know if it's because my character has an awful armor rating with light armor or what, but I can't even raise light armor because getting hit takes so much health.

They should have added some EXP multipliers for harder modes or something.
---
Combat PC game piracy by making only really bad console ports to lose less money.
Combat bad console ports by pirating the games instead of funding them.
#3HighOnPhazonPosted 11/14/2011 9:44:18 PM
Master difficulty should be renamed LOL mode, because it's just impossible. You get one shotted by everything, I think it's a joke difficulty honestly
---
GameFaqs message boards, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...
#40pt1muzPr1m3Posted 11/14/2011 9:45:15 PM
ive found most beth games near impossible at the highest difficulty. Or just incredibly and horribly tedious.
---
Twenty-three is number one!
#5TalentedMPosted 11/14/2011 9:46:39 PM
Adept is completely playable.

I started off on Master and got to level 20 but I didn't enjoy the 30 hours it took to get CLOSE to that.

Each mission feels like you are being r**** in the a** for the hour or so you are in the dungeon and if you see a mage FORGET ABOUT IT.

I was playing an archer and I would have to pull out all the stops just to kill 3 guys.. I enjoy Adept difficulty far more.
#6lef8Posted 11/14/2011 9:48:22 PM
I can't even imagine that fight on master difficulty. Easily the hardest fight I've encountered so far (I'm about 8 hours past it) on expert mode and I managed to sword and shield it to death. Shield is your friend on expert.
---
If you got the poison I've got the Remedy
#7Python_2k9Posted 11/14/2011 9:50:42 PM
TalentedM posted...
Adept is completely playable.

I started off on Master and got to level 20 but I didn't enjoy the 30 hours it took to get CLOSE to that.

Each mission feels like you are being r**** in the a** for the hour or so you are in the dungeon and if you see a mage FORGET ABOUT IT.

I was playing an archer and I would have to pull out all the stops just to kill 3 guys.. I enjoy Adept difficulty far more.

Me too. Adept seems just right. It's difficult, but not TOO difficult. Some fights are meant to be challenging.
---
Patrolling through GameFaqs almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
#8Myea(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 9:51:27 PM
Oh gawd I forgot about mages haven't encountered any yet..... My strategy is going to be the same as it is now though on master. Find a high spot hide behind something spam arrows repeat..
#9CoryLunchboxPosted 11/14/2011 9:58:50 PM
Completely agree, been playing on adept only and I'm just imagining what some of my melee fights would have been like on the harder difficulties. I beat the spider using melee on adept but used some poisons, the Oakflesh spell and used the 50pt flame scroll I found in the dungeon when I got into trouble.

Adept is great though, I feel challenged when I'm supposed to be challenged, I have to think and use my potions and abilities to beat the mini bosses.
#10JackSwiftShotPosted 11/14/2011 10:01:46 PM(edited)
Definitely second master's LOL difficulty... I was playing a Mace n' board Char with restoration for healing and I just gave up on it. I was friggen wearing fully upgraded orcish armor while still being owned by bandit chieftains.

I actually have a better name for it: Munchkin difficulty. It's Bethesda's way of controlling people that abuse the system horribly (which this installmant means enchantment, smithing, conjuration, one handed, block, and your choice of armor).
---
On my unofficial ES fan scale, I'm a 6.