How do you give followers items?

#1Jedi ScholarPosted 11/15/2011 7:34:01 AM
Sorry if this has been asked, i couldnt find a specific answer to this. I am also at work right now and cant immediately try it.

When i point the reticule right at my follower, all it says is talk. He then babbles on about whatever, but the point is, it does not bring up a menu. How do i give this guy better armor and weapons? Right now all hes doing is putting up his fists!

Thanks.
---
Boom, atta here
#2WestSdeNleVrusPosted 11/15/2011 7:34:42 AM
Tell them you want to trade with them.
#3BFMV1Posted 11/15/2011 7:35:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4ShingouryuPosted 11/15/2011 7:36:48 AM
That's... Odd... Talking with a follower should bring up a menu, and I can't think of any unarmed followers off the top of my head (besides the dog of course)... Is this a follower follower (housecarl, friend) or a quest specific follower?
---
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."
#5Valmanways4EverPosted 11/15/2011 7:37:55 AM
What "follower" are you using? Regular ones bring up a conversation menu and you can adjust their inventory by dropping what you want them to equip in the menu when it comes up. Temporary companions like reanimated corpses, and summoned creatures will just have a "Talk to [character name]'s [companion name]"
---
Get Blenderized!
#6Jedi Scholar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 8:15:13 AM
Sorry i shouldnt have posted this at work without being at the game to get more specific! But he is a follower i accepted in Whiterun. Forgot his name but he literally is just fighting with his fists.
---
Boom, atta here
#7Jedi Scholar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 9:16:02 AM
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I already had a follower? I have the elf from riverwood as a follower and i can bring up the menu with him, but not this 2nd follower.
---
Boom, atta here
#8WestSdeNleVrusPosted 11/15/2011 9:23:15 AM
You should only be allowed 1 follower at a time. Supposedly you might be able to have 2 during certain quests, but the 2 I've done so far I had to get rid of my follower for the quest specific follower.
#9Jedi Scholar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 10:43:47 AM
Yeah this latest addition must be from a side quest, and i guess he just will pick up armor and weapons on his own...at least i hope.
---
Boom, atta here
#10jackacidPosted 11/15/2011 10:53:10 AM
They will use the best of the weapons/armor you give them.

I routinely use my companion for a mule, then warp back to a town and sell items once they are full.
---
Fanboys are weak. Just shut up and play.