Receive a reading from Olava the Feeble

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Receive a reading from Olava the Feeble

User Info: Elux

Elux
5 years ago#1
How? She never leaves her home and when I break in she won't speak to me.
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

User Info: thelovefist

thelovefist
5 years ago#2
She was sitting on her bench on her porch when I visited her.
A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Elux
5 years ago#3
Bump
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

User Info: Cramtron

Cramtron
5 years ago#4
Curious, myself. Always says she's not up to it.
DANCE YRSELF CLEAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoA0cTC228M

User Info: Schnitter69

Schnitter69
5 years ago#5
having same problem as cramtron

User Info: Mobiiuss5996

Mobiiuss5996
5 years ago#6
you need to have a gem called Olavas favor on you or something like that.

Elux
5 years ago#7
I do have it. I also saw her wandering around outside at night after my initial post but she now says she's too tired to give me a reading.

User Info: jockleshmockle

jockleshmockle
5 years ago#8
Okay, I am speaking on behalf of those having this problem on the PC version. I am not sure what will be done to fix this issue on the consoles, but here is a workaround I was able to use for the PC version:

I, like many people in the internet, completed the previous quest "Dark Brotherhood Quest: Breaching Security" while following the instructions to make sure Gaius was killed in a city he visited. I know I did this correctly, because after turning the quest in, I saw a message that I received the "Olava's Token" in the upper-left of the screen as usual, and the quest to seek out Olava the Feeble began. I had the quest in my journal and I set out to get a reading.

The problem was that once I reached Olava, she wouldn't stop mumbling about being too tired to give readings or whatever. I looked in my inventory, and unfortunately, there was no Olava's Token in my inventory at this point. I don't know what introduced the bug, and I did not check my inventory after seeing the message on screen earlier, so maybe it was never actually placed there. I also stepped outside and received Shadowmere ... maybe something happened there; I don't know. In any case, if this situation describes yours, here is the workaround:

1. Open the console by typing "`".
2. Type the command "Player.addItem 00059654 1"

You should see that you now correctly have Olava's Token in your inventory. After doing this, I was able to visit Olava in Whiterun and receive the reading. I hope this helps someone!

User Info: badger53

badger53
5 years ago#9
I had the same problem (broke in then she wouldn't talk to me and then wouldn't leave her house). Just go do more quests. I gave up, did most of the thieves guild quest line and then just randomly found her wondering around after I'd almost forgotten about it.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

User Info: gtawoof

gtawoof
5 years ago#10
jockleshmockle posted...
Okay, I am speaking on behalf of those having this problem on the PC version. I am not sure what will be done to fix this issue on the consoles, but here is a workaround I was able to use for the PC version:

I, like many people in the internet, completed the previous quest "Dark Brotherhood Quest: Breaching Security" while following the instructions to make sure Gaius was killed in a city he visited. I know I did this correctly, because after turning the quest in, I saw a message that I received the "Olava's Token" in the upper-left of the screen as usual, and the quest to seek out Olava the Feeble began. I had the quest in my journal and I set out to get a reading.

The problem was that once I reached Olava, she wouldn't stop mumbling about being too tired to give readings or whatever. I looked in my inventory, and unfortunately, there was no Olava's Token in my inventory at this point. I don't know what introduced the bug, and I did not check my inventory after seeing the message on screen earlier, so maybe it was never actually placed there. I also stepped outside and received Shadowmere ... maybe something happened there; I don't know. In any case, if this situation describes yours, here is the workaround:

1. Open the console by typing "`".
2. Type the command "Player.addItem 00059654 1"

You should see that you now correctly have Olava's Token in your inventory. After doing this, I was able to visit Olava in Whiterun and receive the reading. I hope this helps someone!

I googled around looking for a solution and this fixed it quickly, thanks a lot.
PSN: Napkin, Steam: AngryFork
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Receive a reading from Olava the Feeble

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived