Receive a reading from Olava the Feeble

#1EluxPosted 11/15/2011 8:59:09 AM
How? She never leaves her home and when I break in she won't speak to me.
---
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.
#2thelovefistPosted 11/15/2011 9:00:08 AM
She was sitting on her bench on her porch when I visited her.
---
A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
#3Elux(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 9:16:29 AM
Bump
---
To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.
#4CramtronPosted 11/15/2011 12:37:26 PM
Curious, myself. Always says she's not up to it.
---
DANCE YRSELF CLEAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoA0cTC228M
#5Schnitter69Posted 11/16/2011 12:00:11 AM
having same problem as cramtron
#6Mobiiuss5996Posted 11/16/2011 12:01:10 AM
you need to have a gem called Olavas favor on you or something like that.
#7Elux(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 8:24:45 AM
I do have it. I also saw her wandering around outside at night after my initial post but she now says she's too tired to give me a reading.
---
#8jockleshmocklePosted 11/18/2011 4:10:04 PM
Okay, I am speaking on behalf of those having this problem on the PC version. I am not sure what will be done to fix this issue on the consoles, but here is a workaround I was able to use for the PC version:

I, like many people in the internet, completed the previous quest "Dark Brotherhood Quest: Breaching Security" while following the instructions to make sure Gaius was killed in a city he visited. I know I did this correctly, because after turning the quest in, I saw a message that I received the "Olava's Token" in the upper-left of the screen as usual, and the quest to seek out Olava the Feeble began. I had the quest in my journal and I set out to get a reading.

The problem was that once I reached Olava, she wouldn't stop mumbling about being too tired to give readings or whatever. I looked in my inventory, and unfortunately, there was no Olava's Token in my inventory at this point. I don't know what introduced the bug, and I did not check my inventory after seeing the message on screen earlier, so maybe it was never actually placed there. I also stepped outside and received Shadowmere ... maybe something happened there; I don't know. In any case, if this situation describes yours, here is the workaround:

1. Open the console by typing "`".
2. Type the command "Player.addItem 00059654 1"

You should see that you now correctly have Olava's Token in your inventory. After doing this, I was able to visit Olava in Whiterun and receive the reading. I hope this helps someone!
#9badger53Posted 11/18/2011 4:16:35 PM
I had the same problem (broke in then she wouldn't talk to me and then wouldn't leave her house). Just go do more quests. I gave up, did most of the thieves guild quest line and then just randomly found her wondering around after I'd almost forgotten about it.
---
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
#10gtawoofPosted 11/18/2011 4:47:23 PM
jockleshmockle posted...
Okay, I am speaking on behalf of those having this problem on the PC version. I am not sure what will be done to fix this issue on the consoles, but here is a workaround I was able to use for the PC version:

I, like many people in the internet, completed the previous quest "Dark Brotherhood Quest: Breaching Security" while following the instructions to make sure Gaius was killed in a city he visited. I know I did this correctly, because after turning the quest in, I saw a message that I received the "Olava's Token" in the upper-left of the screen as usual, and the quest to seek out Olava the Feeble began. I had the quest in my journal and I set out to get a reading.

The problem was that once I reached Olava, she wouldn't stop mumbling about being too tired to give readings or whatever. I looked in my inventory, and unfortunately, there was no Olava's Token in my inventory at this point. I don't know what introduced the bug, and I did not check my inventory after seeing the message on screen earlier, so maybe it was never actually placed there. I also stepped outside and received Shadowmere ... maybe something happened there; I don't know. In any case, if this situation describes yours, here is the workaround:

1. Open the console by typing "`".
2. Type the command "Player.addItem 00059654 1"

You should see that you now correctly have Olava's Token in your inventory. After doing this, I was able to visit Olava in Whiterun and receive the reading. I hope this helps someone!

I googled around looking for a solution and this fixed it quickly, thanks a lot.
---
PSN: Napkin, Steam: AngryFork