Weapons for pure mage

#1Galvatron ZeroPosted 11/15/2011 11:53:42 AM
What's the best weapon load-out for a pure mage? 1H+Shield, DW, 2H? Dagger, sword...?
---
Galvatron Zero
#2PapaRosario23Posted 11/15/2011 11:54:30 AM
Weapons? Pure mage? Magic + magic.
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
#3hawkeye2188Posted 11/15/2011 11:55:07 AM
Pure mages dont use real weapons...
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#4Samuel 025Posted 11/15/2011 11:55:19 AM
Lol, pure mage with a solid weapon. YOU ARE SO FUNNAI.
---
Weight to Goal: 8 lbs
PM me to do pushups or situps!
#5zer0dinPosted 11/15/2011 11:56:20 AM
If you're doing destruction magic as your primary damage dealer, I wouldn't even worry about weapons at all. Dual casted destruction will stagger enemies with the Impact perk, which is insanely useful. Also, destro is pretty dang strong on its own when you get up to Adept level spells and above.

I've yet to use any conventional weapon in the game and I am just fine.

You could also use "Bound" weapons, which are summoned using Conjuration.
---
My channel. Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/zer0din
#6BMAN270Posted 11/15/2011 11:57:16 AM
For a PURE mage? I'd have to say that you start with either dual destruction spells or one destruction spell and a ward spell in the other. Then when magika runs low swap to a scroll in one hand and a staff/Daedric weapon in the other. But to answer this question properly you would really have to know your idea of a pure mage...

In my mind, a pure mage is someone who doesn't use armor or weapons of any kind other then staffs OR summond Daedric weapons... Some would say that a pure mage can still use daggers or small swords and wear light armor so they would dissagree with my load-out. It's really up to you how you feel would best suit your character and how you want to play...
---
Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters... Completely harmless until you put one in your mouth and set it on fire.
GT:BMAN270
#7WhereDidItGoPosted 11/15/2011 11:57:51 AM
The only weapons I have on my mage is a woodsman axe and a pick axe.
---
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. "
St. Francis of Assisi
#8DraconisRexPosted 11/15/2011 11:58:50 AM
Galvatron Zero posted...
What's the best weapon load-out for a pure mage? 1H+Shield, DW, 2H? Dagger, sword...?

Weapon? Pure mage?

RH -- Fire bolt. LH -- Lightning bolt. When out of mana -- TAB (drink, drink, drink) -- UnTAB....
#9GreenMage7Posted 11/15/2011 12:00:18 PM
Fire.

Frost.

Lightning.

Bound Sword.

Raised dead.

Summoned Astronachs.

Purple rain.
#10SnowFox7Posted 11/15/2011 12:02:22 PM
Pure mage?

Either moar magic, or bound weapons, I'd assume.

Or, a magic draining weapon for when your mp runs low. Probably best used along with sneak and backstab, since there's spells to aid your sneakiness.

Or just chug magic potions... Alchemy is the friend of any mage.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfMBd7FyZU
Welcome to the new dark ages