Any way to get Nightingale Armor without doing the Thieves Guild quest?

#1Jack_WraithPosted 11/16/2011 8:47:00 AM
The Thieves Guild in Skyrim are douchebag thugs. There's no appreciation for the graceful nuances of stealthcraft and thievery. Every quest has you doing thuggish crap to benefit the guild to no other end than to make money it seems.

The only reason I'm weathering this crap is to get the Nightingale Armor because it's the coolest looking armor in the game. I would have liked to get the Psijic Order robes but Bethesda pulled the ultimate developer flip off the player move by not letting you get them.

I hate when developers do that. It's asinine. It's like when Duncan dies in Dragon Age and you can't loot his armor.

I know you can use console commands and mods if you're playing on the PC but that's not the point. It's like when MMORPG developers give the NPCs really cool looking matching armor and then reuse crap assets that look like poop for the players.
#2Jack_Wraith(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 8:57:24 AM
Anyone?
#3ShingouryuPosted 11/16/2011 8:58:22 AM
Nope, and keep going in the theives guild, that may be how they appear on the surface, but theres a legitimate reason...
---
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/16/2011 9:01:06 AM
i personally enjoyed the thieves guild. not entirely sure why so many people seem to not like it. i get the complaint that it can be a little to dungeon crawler centered, but overall, i liked it.

plus the side quests are all really thief like activities.
---
Slaughter is the best medicine.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7944/argylegargoyle.jpg - artwork by masterpug53
#5Jack_Wraith(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 9:10:26 AM
Shingouryu posted...
Nope, and keep going in the theives guild, that may be how they appear on the surface, but theres a legitimate reason...

Thanks. I hope the pay off is worth all the thuggish, ruggish, ballas. Hollah!
#6serpents_wrathPosted 11/16/2011 6:25:22 PM
Really wish there was another way since I got ripped off from the scoundrel's folly glitch =/.