Best possible mage armor? (Have 100 enchanting & smithing)

#1AchilleSnezPosted 11/16/2011 10:48:56 AM
So my enchanting & smithing are both 100, and i'm looking for the best possible mage armor, i obviously have the 2 enchants perk but i'm not sure how best to use it, i've read about having 4x -25% destruction spells but i'm unsure how to do it.

so first of all which items should i enchant? I have both types of dragon armor, heavy & light, but is there anything better?

Where would i find the -25% enchant to disenchant? i've seen the Masters robes of destruction, but they seem to only have -22%

And lastly, which items would i enchant? robes, boots, gloves?

Help would be appreciated, cheers
#2ShingouryuPosted 11/16/2011 10:52:58 AM
When you disenchant an item, you gain the enchantment category not the magnitude, so it doesn't matter if you disenchant something that gives you -22% or -1%, you'll still get the same "Fortify Destruction" enchantment

And those can be applied to the main, hat, ring and necklace. Also, if you have the 2 enchantment perk, you can do the same for a second school of magic
---
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."
#3AchilleSnez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 11:11:59 AM
Thanks Shin, i'm trying to enchant an item with -25% now, but i'm only getting -17% for some reason, is it due to the soul gem i'm using? i'm using a grand soul gem
#4meltor13Posted 11/16/2011 11:14:50 AM
Grand souls are the highest soul. Do you have all 5 of the 'Enchanter' perks? (each rank raises enchantment powers by 20%)...
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#5ShingouryuPosted 11/16/2011 11:15:11 AM
Do you have all of the enchanting perks? Some of them are essential for reaching that 25%, and potions and other enchanted equipment works too I believe...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/60951332

More details there
---
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."
#6AchilleSnez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 11:20:01 AM
Derp, no i don't have them all :/

Thanks for the advice, will need to level up a couple more times before i enchant my things i guess, cheers
#7bcon1208Posted 11/16/2011 11:21:09 AM
TC I'm doing the same right now so let me share my research:

(my enchanting is at 96 currently so I haven't tested this 100% but I will tonight)

Armor wise Dragon is NOT the best armor. Daedric armor is quite a bit better (and looks AMAZING!). Keep in mind it's heavy armor but that's what i want (Mage-tank anyone?).

Get ahold of some Fortify Smithing potions before making and improving your armor. It does work even with your smithing at 100 (did it last night. Currently wearing a full set of legendary daedric armor)

The soul gem AND soul inside makes a huge difference! You must have a grand/black soul gem with a GRAND soul inside it to reach the 25% mark. Now some have said there's been difficulty reaching it even with enchanting at 100 using the correct gems but like I said I won't know personally until tonight.

You need to enchant your helmet, ring, armor, and a necklace with the fortify (spell field) enchantment. Keep in mind with the double enchanting perk you can have 100% fortification on two schools of magic at once (might I suggest destruction and restoration).

That's all I know for now. Make you some daedric armor or just stick with your dragon if ya want but these are my suggestions.
#8jackstar_rockPosted 11/16/2011 11:21:19 AM
You're getting 17% because you're using the hybrid school + magicka enchantment. Those are useless in our quest for zero MP cost. You have to find gear with single fortify skill (destruction, conjuration, alteration etc.). Your best bet is to go grab some from Radiant Raiment in Solitude, or any general store that sells enchanted circlets, jewels and rings. Change the merchant's inventory by fast forwarding 48 hours if you have to.