Power leveling smithing to 100?

#1svr2006gawdPosted 11/17/2011 4:11:13 AM
Anyone know the easiest way to do this? I just started a new character and I'm still in Riverwood chopping wood for money (I know better ways but I'm roleplaying some too) I'd like to power level smithing to 100 as fast as I can.
---
Playing Skyrim
#2euklbPosted 11/17/2011 4:12:13 AM
iron daggers is the way to go

you can buy all the ingredients from shop venders for a very cheap price then sell them for more, then repeat
---
Im one of those British people with the hot accent that makes american girls faint
#3svr2006gawd(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 4:13:44 AM
Here in Riverwood, or would I need to head to Whiterun or something for that?
---
Playing Skyrim
#4DirtyRollerPosted 11/17/2011 4:13:48 AM
euklb posted...
iron daggers is the way to go

you can buy all the ingredients from shop venders for a very cheap price then sell them for more, then repeat

Make sure to visit the warrior stone first though to get that 20% exp bonus.
---
Jolee: "Oh I get it. Play with the old man's balls..."
#5Gnarly_BPosted 11/17/2011 4:14:30 AM
Yep, Iron Daggers.
---
People who want another SW Battlefront: 207
"Gnarly, you are clearly more educated than me" - OblivionScamp
#6VulcanHadesPosted 11/17/2011 4:16:27 AM
Well you actually lose money if you just sell iron daggers as is (even if they're legendary quality). So ideally you want to enchant them first to make their value go through the roof then sell each dagger for like 400-1000 gold each depending on the enchant and charge.

Doing that will level up: blacksmith, enchantment and speech. + get you plenty of money.

If you have speech to 70 you should get the perk that allows you to invest in stores. That helps you make more money more quickly in the long run.
#7svr2006gawd(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 4:16:48 AM
Alright thanks guys, any certain shop that sells iron ingots I should go too? Or just stick around Riverwood and wait until he sells some? I've gotten the Warrior stone ability also, I also found a necklace in Embershard mine that makes my items worth more quality wise.
---
Playing Skyrim
#8paniktPosted 11/17/2011 4:20:39 AM
- Get the +20% bless.
- Whiterun seems to be the best place since there are 2 merchants sticking together in one place.
- If you have enough money buy both iron ingots and leathers.
- make iron dagger, once it finished make stuffs from the leathers.
- once it's all gone. Sell them and wait for 2 days.
- While waiting, press xbox button, the time skips a lot faster this way.

- It's better be done after you finish the Companions quest line so that you can train your weapon\armors skill for free every time you gain a level.
#9VulcanHadesPosted 11/17/2011 4:20:48 AM
Get to Whiterun. There are 3 blacksmiths there each selling all kinds of ingots. There's also a place to enchant things in Dragons Reach (castle in whiterun).

If you're looking for soul gems then make your way up north-east to Winterhold College. There's like 3-4 guys that sell them and whole bunch of spells too. :)
#10tweaker1Posted 11/17/2011 4:21:49 AM
Shopkeepers seem to replenish their $$$ every 2 game-days or so.

I prefer smithing in Whiterun just because there are 2 Blacksmiths at the Smithing area (1 outside the shop, 1 inside the shop). Plus they have a Smelter, so you can refine some of the Ores you may have acquired on your adventures.

Plus in the Dragonsreach castle there is an Enchanting Alter.