xbox scratched my disc

#1NinvusPosted 11/17/2011 3:45:21 AM
My xbox scrathed a circle in my Skyrim disc :( Does Gamestop make returns on that kind of damage?
This wouldn't have happened if I could just install the game :/
---
I play M rated games, therefore I am mature.
#2El_LingoPosted 11/17/2011 3:47:29 AM
Did you buy their disc protection? This happened to my oblivion disc as well. I had to buy a new one :(
---
It's love, it's love, it's love, make it HURT.
#3gangoplushPosted 11/17/2011 3:49:26 AM
yeah unless your buy their disc protection thingy, youre kinda screwed.

you could have installed it.
#4Deku20Posted 11/17/2011 3:49:51 AM

No, they don't take discs with a burn ring on them. Sorry.

The best thing to do is analyze what made your Xbox do what it did, so it doesn't happen again, and hopefully get a new copy of skyrim when the price goes down.

By the way, if you didn't already know, the burn ring is cause by the Xbox moving around when it is reading a disc. Even stepping too close to it, if it's stationed vertically, can turn it into a pencil sharpener. I keep mine horizontal and distant, on level ground, after it ate my disc of Fallout: New Vegas.

#5homersimpson132Posted 11/17/2011 3:52:27 AM
Yeah when I was young and stupid I did not know that the Xbox would burn a ring in my discs. This is why I had to buy a new Oblivion game. Twice. I was a dumb kid, lol.
---
Don't call me homersimpson, call me Hugo.
My Let's Playing Channel: http://www.youtube.com/hugoandalex
#6Ninvus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 3:52:38 AM
yeah I know what caused it but i was only moving it around while it was turned off. I don't know how it happened. The gamestop receipt says new games can be returned for another copy within 30 days
---
#7niioPosted 11/17/2011 4:22:31 AM
Heres what I did to fix my friends MW3.

Steps

1. Go to walmart buy Skyrim.
2. Switch disks
3. Take it back say it doesnt work.
4. Get new unopened copy.
5.Return the new unopened copy next day for full refund.
---
Real Life has bad lag. It took Jesus 3 whole days to respawn. If that's not terrible lag I don't know what is.
#8MattheauPosted 11/17/2011 4:26:45 AM
1. Go to walmart buy Skyrim.
2. Switch disks
3. Take it back say it doesnt work.
4. Get new unopened copy.
5.Return the new unopened copy next day for full refund.

Just a word of warning. I used to work retail and we know about this kind of return scam. People do get caught trying to pull it off and they won't honor your returns on that product from that point on, so you are relying on the employee doing the return being incompetent.
#9Ninvus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 4:37:01 AM
Also, my xbox is one of the new xbox slims. I had thought that it was only the older fat models that could scratch your discs sometimes. Do other types of electronics do this too like ps3s and PCs?
---