Contract out on me?? Why?? (possible spoilers)

#1mc_fxPosted 11/17/2011 1:12:59 PM
Hi guys,

Was just on my way to Orphans Rock and a dark bro assassin jumped me and after dealing with him a note said "The black Sacrament has been performed - somebody wants this poor fool dead... SigNed... Astrid"

What have I done? I've tried to be Mr nice guy so far, so cant understand why there's a contract out on me?

Anyone experience this?

Cheers,
---
Veni, Vidi, Vici! - I Came, I Saw, I Conquered! =)
#2casedawgzPosted 11/17/2011 1:14:35 PM
Yep, I had to put a Khajiit assassin the ground near WInterhold. The only thing I can think of doing that would offend people is beating them up after THEY challenge ME to brawls. So I dunno.
#3ZtyrhentPosted 11/17/2011 1:16:49 PM
Have you done a lot of the main quest yet?

I know I was playing "the good guy" for the most part, but after the quest "Diplomatic Immunity" I started getting assassins. Which makes sense, because of the nature of that quest. I somewhat expected it after the mess I left.
#4motoraptorPosted 11/17/2011 1:16:52 PM
Maybe it's just a random event.
#5speedkills4121Posted 11/17/2011 1:18:02 PM
they arent random, people hire assassins based on your actions

even some vendors apparently will put a hit out on you if you steal from their store
---
if it wasn't for dumb people i wouldn't feel so smart
#6onilink75Posted 11/17/2011 1:18:26 PM
Did you steal anything from someone's house?
---
GT: ClamDestroyer
#7da_gamaPosted 11/17/2011 1:18:48 PM
I had someone from the Battle-Born family have some thugs try and rough me up. Needless to say all of the people involved are currently dead.
---
If you are interested in an ES Roleplay story go to the board in my quote
#8MosebysRangersPosted 11/17/2011 1:25:20 PM
Major spoiler alert.

Just figured mine was because I didn't act upon the young boys request fast enough assasinate /kill the headmistress which starts a whole new ball game.
#9mc_fx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 1:25:42 PM
The only thing I done that may have been questionable to my recollection, was that I stumbled across 'Alftand' and saw a couple of NPC's fighting. I tried to help one out and help kill the other, but was still attacked by the survivor. I tried to do it the other way round, but the end result was always the same no matter if you helped take one of them out and even if u sheathed your sword.

Will I still be able to join the Dark Bro's if I have a contract on me now?
---
Veni, Vidi, Vici! - I Came, I Saw, I Conquered! =)
#10casedawgzPosted 11/17/2011 1:26:57 PM
I would think so. Anette did that.