What is the difference between Elven, Gilded Elven and Light Elven armour?

#1InxentasPosted 11/21/2011 4:06:01 AM
Aside from their stats, I don't see anything different. Not visually, and it weighs the same. Is there any reason at all to craft / equip the normal or Light Elven armour? Gilded looks exactly the same, weighs the same, but has a better armour value. Are normal Elven and Light Elven armour supposed to drop more often?
---
For future reference: landing in active vulcanoes tends to fry our sensors and melt our hull.
#2chibioninekoPosted 11/21/2011 4:07:28 AM
Light elven is just for looks, its basically leather armor that they could shove on Thalmor to make them look right.
#3DevistroPosted 11/21/2011 4:07:56 AM
you picked up the plated and scale perk

most armors have a scale version/plated version

scale is light, plate is heavy
---
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
#4VampielZeroPosted 11/21/2011 4:07:57 AM
You can get Light Elven armor off Thalmor religiously. It means to show they suck... Personally, I dont know, but I can guess it needs a more common item to upgrade it.
---
Time is a ruse that humans decided to call reality.
*FEEEW Tink* Fffffffffffffff*-BOOM-*
#5Inxentas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 4:16:08 AM
I never thought about where I got these armours from, but they are indeed from Talmor soldiers. So it's just a way to shove them in good-looking armours without making them to strong for the player? Makes sense.

So where does Gilded Elven armour come from then? I only seem to find Light and normal Elven armours along the way, though I'd like to craft up a Gilded set. I don't have any plated and scale Perk or anything.
---
For future reference: landing in active vulcanoes tends to fry our sensors and melt our hull.
#6MisguidedPiratePosted 11/21/2011 4:23:46 AM
Nauthiz posted...
I never thought about where I got these armours from, but they are indeed from Talmor soldiers. So it's just a way to shove them in good-looking armours without making them to strong for the player? Makes sense.

So where does Gilded Elven armour come from then? I only seem to find Light and normal Elven armours along the way, though I'd like to craft up a Gilded set. I don't have any plated and scale Perk or anything.

The Gilded armor has nothing to do with plate or scale - that guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Gilded armor is a step above Scaled, but can be crafted as soon as you take the Elven perk.. although it isn't a set, just the chest piece. It starts appearing on enemies/in stores around Level 28.
---
XBL : Crossbit
#7Metroid_FanaticPosted 11/21/2011 4:25:58 AM
Usually groups of Thalmor soldiers will all have Light Elven and use steel weaponry, while the "leader" or whatever of the group might have Gilded and use glass weapons.
---
Never 4get 5/13/07 Halo 3 Board. /b/,Mom,HOT POCKET,NerdAlert,Wednesday,Pics,Goodmood,Believe.
#8Inxentas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 9:28:04 AM
Very clear MisguidedPirate! Just one question...

What did you mean by 'it is not a set'? Did you mean Thalmor leaders do not wear a full set and only drop the chest piece? Or did you mean Gilded Elven bracers, boots and helmets cannot be looted or crafted at all? Thanks for the clarifications people!
---