What is the difference between Elven, Gilded Elven and Light Elven armour?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What is the difference between Elven, Gilded Elven and Light Elven armour?
5 years ago#1
Aside from their stats, I don't see anything different. Not visually, and it weighs the same. Is there any reason at all to craft / equip the normal or Light Elven armour? Gilded looks exactly the same, weighs the same, but has a better armour value. Are normal Elven and Light Elven armour supposed to drop more often?
For future reference: landing in active vulcanoes tends to fry our sensors and melt our hull.
5 years ago#2
Light elven is just for looks, its basically leather armor that they could shove on Thalmor to make them look right.
5 years ago#3
you picked up the plated and scale perk

most armors have a scale version/plated version

scale is light, plate is heavy
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
5 years ago#4
You can get Light Elven armor off Thalmor religiously. It means to show they suck... Personally, I dont know, but I can guess it needs a more common item to upgrade it.
Time is a ruse that humans decided to call reality.
*FEEEW Tink* Fffffffffffffff*-BOOM-*
5 years ago#5
I never thought about where I got these armours from, but they are indeed from Talmor soldiers. So it's just a way to shove them in good-looking armours without making them to strong for the player? Makes sense.

So where does Gilded Elven armour come from then? I only seem to find Light and normal Elven armours along the way, though I'd like to craft up a Gilded set. I don't have any plated and scale Perk or anything.
For future reference: landing in active vulcanoes tends to fry our sensors and melt our hull.
5 years ago#6
Nauthiz posted...
I never thought about where I got these armours from, but they are indeed from Talmor soldiers. So it's just a way to shove them in good-looking armours without making them to strong for the player? Makes sense.

So where does Gilded Elven armour come from then? I only seem to find Light and normal Elven armours along the way, though I'd like to craft up a Gilded set. I don't have any plated and scale Perk or anything.

The Gilded armor has nothing to do with plate or scale - that guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Gilded armor is a step above Scaled, but can be crafted as soon as you take the Elven perk.. although it isn't a set, just the chest piece. It starts appearing on enemies/in stores around Level 28.
XBL : Crossbit
5 years ago#7
Usually groups of Thalmor soldiers will all have Light Elven and use steel weaponry, while the "leader" or whatever of the group might have Gilded and use glass weapons.
Never 4get 5/13/07 Halo 3 Board. /b/,Mom,HOT POCKET,NerdAlert,Wednesday,Pics,Goodmood,Believe.
5 years ago#8
Very clear MisguidedPirate! Just one question...

What did you mean by 'it is not a set'? Did you mean Thalmor leaders do not wear a full set and only drop the chest piece? Or did you mean Gilded Elven bracers, boots and helmets cannot be looted or crafted at all? Thanks for the clarifications people!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What is the difference between Elven, Gilded Elven and Light Elven armour?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived