Is the "Investigate Bard College" Objective bugged?

#1th3warr1orPosted 11/21/2011 7:01:38 AM
I did the whole initiation process, but then there's still that stupid quest marker over the Headmaster, and the objective "Investigate Bard College" is still there.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#2MosebysRangersPosted 11/21/2011 7:08:03 AM
Did you attend the ceremony/burning effigy and after 10:00pm?
#3th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 7:21:34 AM
I went there at night, but then no one was there yet, so I "waited" until 7am.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#4menalaos1971Posted 11/21/2011 7:52:17 AM
First, you needed to get the poem. Then you needed to help the head bard dude fill in the holes. Then you needed to attend the audience with the Jarl as he read it. Then, you need to his lacky that the party was back on. Then you needed to tell that dude that it was after 8:00PM and he could start. Then you needed to attend.

If you didn't do all that, you missed something.
---
Space Pope of GFAQs. All hail his celestial eminence!
#5Martin PaganPosted 11/21/2011 7:58:07 AM
I have the same glitch. And also, the lead-in misc. quest for the College of Winterhold is stuck in my journal as well despite my having joined the mages.
---
Lengyel, magyar ket jo barat, egyutt harcol, s issza borat. -- Hungarians FTW!
XBL/PSN gamertag: Poganin
#6th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 8:18:25 AM
menalaos1971 posted...
First, you needed to get the poem. Then you needed to help the head bard dude fill in the holes. Then you needed to attend the audience with the Jarl as he read it. Then, you need to his lacky that the party was back on. Then you needed to tell that dude that it was after 8:00PM and he could start. Then you needed to attend.

If you didn't do all that, you missed something.

Did all that. I'm already a bard.
---
#7SantanicoPosted 11/22/2011 5:01:27 PM
Mine did the same thing. I read somewhere that if you are doing dark brotherhood quests, it interferes w/the bard college...but I started the bard quests way before dark brotherhood. I cant fully complete the "investigate bards college", nor can I remove instruments I've gotton by questing for the bards. DB quests also interfere w/"blood on the ice"...so do that one before you start the DB quests.
Was going to wait and finish all DB quests, then try to finish blood on the ice. Was hoping maybe the same principle might work w/bard quests.