Strongest possible Follower

#1VallenValiantPosted 11/21/2011 8:59:31 AM
As I recently discovered, Followers are level-scaled. But they don't update after you level up. This means the earlier you get him/her, the weaker the follower would be.

In general everyone get Lydia early, because the Whiterun house is the cheapest. But this means she is almost certainly under-levelled and will soon be barely able to stay alive against stronger foes.

There is probably nothing you can do about Lydia. But if you every want to upgrade, especially if you reach level 81, go become Thane of Solitude. Jordis the Housecarl is identical to Lydia in ability, but if you obtain her at max level then she would be max level too. My level 81 Jordis can tank giants and mammoths on her own, no problems.

Just remember, Lydia had to be replaced one day. Eventually she becomes a one hit wonder due to low health. The only question is when you will be willing to trade up.

If you get a level 81 follower, you WILL be impressed about how tough they are.
#2GeddenPosted 11/21/2011 9:02:33 AM
VallenValiant posted...
As I recently discovered, Followers are level-scaled. But they don't update after you level up. This means the earlier you get him/her, the weaker the follower would be.

In general everyone get Lydia early, because the Whiterun house is the cheapest. But this means she is almost certainly under-levelled and will soon be barely able to stay alive against stronger foes.

There is probably nothing you can do about Lydia. But if you every want to upgrade, especially if you reach level 81, go become Thane of Solitude. Jordis the Housecarl is identical to Lydia in ability, but if you obtain her at max level then she would be max level too. My level 81 Jordis can tank giants and mammoths on her own, no problems.

Just remember, Lydia had to be replaced one day. Eventually she becomes a one hit wonder due to low health. The only question is when you will be willing to trade up.

If you get a level 81 follower, you WILL be impressed about how tough they are.

Really? The guide says they're suppose to level when you level. Hopefully it gets fixed.
---
"Happiness makes up for in height for what it lacks in length."