yngol barrow button (slight spoilers perhaps)

#1dustman123Posted 11/21/2011 4:55:47 PM
got the quest from Jarl what's-his-face to come to Yngol Barrow and retrieve a helmet, luckily I also got that claw from the other lady in town. Made it through to the end, killed the Draugr guy guarding the helmet and now I'm in a room with a button that does nothing with a gate on the other end of the room that won't open. I already searched this for previous topics and nobody got any answers... does anybody know yet how to open that gate or can I consider it a glitch?

p.s I left the cavern and came back and it still doesn't work. I tried wearing the special helmet and it still doesn't work if that was gonna be anyones suggestion.
---
"We can't stop here! This is Bat Country"
#2SwoopalzPosted 11/21/2011 4:57:32 PM
Had the same thing happen.
Did you hit the button before taking out the boss?
#3VortexContinuumPosted 11/21/2011 4:58:25 PM
My gate opened as soon as I took the Helm of Yngol.
---
Gnarlacious.
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
#4dustman123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 4:58:44 PM
I did actually, still nothing I don't believe. the button doesn't even make a clicky noise as though I even pressed anything.
---
#5dustman123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 5:00:17 PM
VortexContinuum posted...
My gate opened as soon as I took the Helm of Yngol.

well than what does that button do?!?
---
#6SwoopalzPosted 11/21/2011 5:01:09 PM
I was busy sneaking around the whole time and as soon as I saw the button, I hit it, -then- noticed the boss. So I'm thinking that doing so perma glitched the button.
#7dustman123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 5:05:49 PM
Swoopalz posted...
I was busy sneaking around the whole time and as soon as I saw the button, I hit it, -then- noticed the boss. So I'm thinking that doing so perma glitched the button.

sounds very likely... seeing as thats pretty much exactly what I did. Im a creature of habit, I see button, I hit button. O well, I believe all we missed out on was one treasure chest and perhaps a quicker exit to the barrow. what I rele want to know is what them blue orbs that follow u do?!?
---
#8SwoopalzPosted 11/21/2011 5:08:07 PM
dustman123 posted...

sounds very likely... seeing as thats pretty much exactly what I did. Im a creature of habit, I see button, I hit button. O well, I believe all we missed out on was one treasure chest and perhaps a quicker exit to the barrow. what I rele want to know is what them blue orbs that follow u do?!?

I don't think they do anything really. According to the wiki anyway. But they sure were trippy. Wanted to take them home with me ):
#9mrzacharyPosted 11/22/2011 12:38:42 AM
I believe you are getting helms mixed up. that Barrow is used for more than 1 quest, the Helm of Winterhold you get for the Jarl, and the quest to get the Helm of Ygnol. The only way to get it open is to do the quest involving the helm of Ygnol, not the helm of Winterhold.
---
Master Pharmacist of The Bar With No Name
Times attacked by the Mod Squad: 24
#10kaythreetwoPosted 11/22/2011 8:01:47 AM
mrzachary posted...
I believe you are getting helms mixed up. that Barrow is used for more than 1 quest, the Helm of Winterhold you get for the Jarl, and the quest to get the Helm of Ygnol.

Not necessarily. I had to go to Fort Fellhammer for the Helm of Winterhold... (I'm already the Thane of Winterhold and this is my first time visiting Yngol Barrow). Good old radiant quest system.

Anyways.. can someone tell me who you get this quest from.. and who you get the coral dragon claw from? I have A coral dragon claw but the symbols on it dont match.

I only ask because I've got so many quests open that its hard to tell which one might relate to it. I might not even have it open at all yet.. I only assumed so because it had appeared on my map in black which usually happens when you get a quest in that place... unless I just heard someone talking about it.