What's the Best House?

#1White_D3vi1Posted 11/22/2011 8:30:48 AM
In Oblivion my Skingrad house was my favorite. Totally pimped out, gleaming sets of armor everywhere, weapons laid out and in cases, etc.

What's the best house in Skyrim? It's time for me to upgrade, I hit level 50 last night and it's time to sit back and start questing instead of grinding. But first I need a pimp retreat!!

I'd prefer somewhere that had mannequins and weapon racks to hook things up on. From what I understand some of these are bugged which is a shame.
#2OrtegaTronPosted 11/22/2011 8:32:36 AM
The Solitude house is 3 floors, has 2 mannequins (sp). Costs 25 grand without decorations. That's probably my favorite so far.
---
I have to return some video tapes...
#3KudZuPosted 11/22/2011 8:33:37 AM
Solitude is the largest, and has the most armor/weapon displays. It's three stories, and spacious, and comes with alchemy and enchanting tables after you upgrade.

It costs 25k to buy and around another 10-15k to upgrade it fully.
#4Zegma310Posted 11/22/2011 8:35:05 AM
From what my friend has told me about it, the Windhelm house... 3 mannequins, glass cases, weapon plaques and an armory of some sort...sadly I can't get it on my character because it's bugged :(
---
Nickles is money too, come on guys...
#5ZtyrhentPosted 11/22/2011 8:35:07 AM
I have Whiterun, Riften and Windhelm so far. Windhelm is very spacious, but comes with some baggage. It has an official "armory" with cases, racks and mannequins. Riften is slightly better than Whiterun. But Whiterun has an alchemy satchel next to the alchemy station (hmmm, why don't they all do this???????).

I'm guessing Solitude is "the best," but I want to see what the Markoth house looks like, since the architecture looks very interesting.
#6xDGDxPosted 11/22/2011 8:37:33 AM
White_D3vi1 posted...
hit level 50 last night and it's time to sit back and start questing instead of grinding.

sigh
---
http://www.last.fm/user/skramzy
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld51cqgvtQ1qd2ctso1_400.jpg
#7White_D3vi1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 8:37:39 AM
Solitude sounds like the early winner. Thanks for all the responses. Now to find all that coin!!
#8o311rocksPosted 11/22/2011 8:37:39 AM
Markarth is ok. It has 1 mannequin and a couple weapon racks.
---
JiggleBill on YouTube
#9Jared781Posted 11/22/2011 8:38:38 AM

yeah Skinrad was dominant.. im not gonna do what i did for Oblivion tho!!

like totally remodel the whole damn house like WHY F'n decorate?? im not gonna buy a house for a couple reasons::

1. save money (but i guess if you have like 100K it doesnt really matter, but that takes time)

2. saving time!! why take forever trading weapons/equipment... AND not to mention PIMPIN out

3. when you first fast travel to a city like example Riften, go to the closest storage possible like a barrel or crate!! or another means of storage that you can access without getting in trouble for thievery!! BUT then you can keep all your extra crap there because right when you fast travel you dont have to trek hard to your house! its right there!!!

#10White_D3vi1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 8:39:00 AM
xDGDx posted...
White_D3vi1 posted...
hit level 50 last night and it's time to sit back and start questing instead of grinding.

sigh

Everyone plays this game differently. I prefer to get a head start on gear and abilities, then enjoy the game to the fullest. I hate games that only give you the best gear and abilities in the last hour of play.