Where to buy muffle enchanted boots?

#1gamersince1976Posted 11/23/2011 4:28:48 AM
I know that you can't disenchant the ones you get from the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild. And I know that you can find them once in a while in shops.

Any suggestions as to the best place to look? Radiant Raiment doesn't seem to carry armor. There's Warmaidens in Whiterun, which has the bonus of 2 vendors, but no luck. The guy at the Skyforge doesn't seem to like enchanted gear much. The general store there hasn't turned up anything.

Is there a good "go to" place I should be looking? I don't need it to be guaranteed or anything, but a nod in the general direction would be appreciated.
---
Punish the guilty - join Darkmoon
PSN ID: gamersince_1976
#2mr_kemosabePosted 11/23/2011 4:31:45 AM
Have you tried the Thieves Guild merchants? I would think they have a slightly higher chance of selling that type of gear. Also check out some of the Khajit caravans outside the cities - again, those would be the type of merchants that could sell it. Other than that, from what I've gathered what gear the merchants sell are pretty random, so you might just have to search for it.
#3shackobrahPosted 11/23/2011 4:33:27 AM
Their is an alteration spell that gives you muffle for a minute I think at its lowest level? I typically just get a muffle trekking up the sneak tree to better talents. But yeah there is a spell in alteration. I'd just use that and enchant the boots with something else.

I'll be honest can't think of boots I have seen muffle on. But then again I was not really looking for that type of thing.
---
XBL GT: SOS OVERDRIVE
League of Legends: Eternalcalm
#4gamersince1976(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2011 4:35:44 AM
Hey - that's a good idea. I actually just finished Dark Brotherhood and was thinking about the Companions next, but I could join Thieves Guild just for the merchants, right?

Thanks a lot!
---
#5rrhammerPosted 11/23/2011 4:36:52 AM

Ugh, i've been playing the game since launch and i just found some Muffle boots the other day. They do seem hard to get. I suppose the best way is to hang out in Whiterun (if you don't feel like fast-traveling) and hitting the 2 smiths and general store everyday. If you don't see it, wait 24 hours. It's bound to turn up.

#6drumble89Posted 11/23/2011 4:37:36 AM
Muffle is from the Illusion spell actually and I think Farengar sells it. Also, if you have the Dual-Casting Illusion perk then you can double the time for the spell :)
---
Shut up! You don't know nothin'.........'bout anythin' :3
GT: diabolus89
#7Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/23/2011 4:40:36 AM
vendors are going to be pretty random when it comes to enchanted gear. your best bet is honestly to go with the unique gear with the enchantment, shrouded or nightingale boots for example, until you can find the enchantment.

or you could always save and reload to get vendors to restock. its a pain, but you'll eventually find it
---
Slaughter is the best medicine.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7944/argylegargoyle.jpg - artwork by masterpug53
#8rrhammerPosted 11/23/2011 4:42:17 AM

Not the spell. The TC wants actual boots w/ Muffle on them so he can disenchant it and have the enchantment permanantly in his arsenal. Idk of any pre-placed loot that has it tho short of the forementioned quest items.

#9gamersince1976(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2011 4:45:54 AM
Exactly. I'm making my "perfect armor set" with Legendary Dragonscale. Filling the Black Soul gems now. And the last "prep" piece I need is the Muffle enchantment.

I think I'll try Whiterun a bit longer and see if I can't get them to turn up. Looks like you have to earn access to the Thieves Guild merchants through the quest line, and I don't want to rush through it.
---
#10rrhammerPosted 11/23/2011 4:54:16 AM

Hmm..why specifically Black Soul Gems? Isn't Grand enough? I'm guessing i'm missing something.