Best race for thief/assasin type character

#1HeartbreakKid37Posted 11/23/2011 12:54:47 PM
I am thinking

one-hand
sneak
light armor
bow
then either illusion for the quiet casting and invisibility or conjuration for tanking

It seems like the +5 and +10 to stats don't really matter that much so just what power would be most helpful

I am thinking maybe Dark Elf
---
Favorite Teams: Kentucky Wildcats, San Antonio Spurs, and Carolina Panthers... No other sport really matters to me.
#2HeartbreakKid37(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2011 1:08:44 PM
bump
---
Favorite Teams: Kentucky Wildcats, San Antonio Spurs, and Carolina Panthers... No other sport really matters to me.
#3HeartbreakKid37(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2011 1:09:39 PM
bump
---
#4factsPosted 11/23/2011 1:10:30 PM
Honestly, I don't even use racial powers at all. They don't seem worth it. Argonian and Kahjiit are good for sneaking when it comes to lore. (Shadowscale and Kahjiits are naturally sneaky I believe).
---
1)The statement below is true
2)the statement above is false
#5Whargoul421Posted 11/23/2011 1:10:42 PM
Go Kajit or Argonian

Do it!
---
-W-
#6wesleysn1perPosted 11/23/2011 1:11:06 PM
HeartbreakKid37 posted...
I am thinking

one-hand
sneak
light armor
bow
then either illusion for the quiet casting and invisibility or conjuration for tanking

It seems like the +5 and +10 to stats don't really matter that much so just what power would be most helpful

I am thinking maybe Dark Elf

Wood elf.
#7FLOPPAGE_50Posted 11/23/2011 1:12:07 PM
Wood elf and Khajiit get the bonus for this type of character.

Although I felt the Khajiit looked rather silly with the tail, so I went wood elf.
#8Solid2TheSnakePosted 11/23/2011 1:14:26 PM(edited)
Well race doesn't matter too much, since the starting stats aren't too significant past the beginning of the game. Its the racial abilities that are most important.

If you were looking at starting stats though, Kahjit and Argonians have the most "Thief" worthy head start.

But as far as abilities go, I like Dark Elf, just because the fights that you can't stealth away from (Dragons) are a lot easier when you combine their 50% fire resistance with their Ancestors Fury ability.

EDIT: I just realized that I said basically the exact same thing you said in your post. Woops. Oh well, the advice still stands.
---
Platinums: UC2, AC2, Batman AA, Fallout 3, GOW, GOW2, GOW3
PSN ID: Solid2TheSnake
#9CaliystiaPosted 11/23/2011 1:14:46 PM
Kajiit, Argonian or wood elf are the sneakiest... I also must say that the Kajiit Night vision is awesome and IMO a must have it lets you see outside almost like its daylight way into the distance which other mage spells I've seen so far only illuminate the immediate area. plus its free and can be kept up constantly... I only wish it was on a separate button from the shouts.
#10jokr666Posted 11/23/2011 1:14:49 PM
Solid2TheSnake posted...
Well race doesn't matter too much, since the starting stats aren't too significant past the beginning of the game. Its the racial abilities that are most important.

If you were looking at starting stats though, Kahjit and Argonians have the most "Thief" worthy head start.

But as far as abilities go, I like Dark Elf, just because the fights that you can't stealth away from (Dragons) are a lot easier when you combine their 50% fire resistance with their Ancestors Fury ability.

This is the exact reason I went Dark Elf for my Thief/Assassin. The Fire resistance helps for the slow lvling of your armor skill against dragons.