What can I do with garnets, etc?

#1Game__RaiderPosted 11/24/2011 10:06:20 AM

So this is probably an extremely dumb question but I have like 6 Amethyst, 3 Flawless Garnet, 7 Garnet, and 2 Rubies. Are they just for selling or do you make them into necklaces and rings to enchant them? And where would the best place to sell them be or is it more worth it to enchant?

#2bibfortuna25Posted 11/24/2011 10:06:58 AM
Sell them at general stores
---
Finding the Fiji Mermaid is like playing Calvinball. You can never do it the same way twice.
Please read the FAQs and stickies before asking questions.
#3chaos_belmontPosted 11/24/2011 10:08:54 AM
Some are for quests.. There's probably items i've sold a long time ago that I could have handed in for quests I won't find for a long time.
---
I feel like the concepts of good and evil staggers my inner hatred to leak out in it's purest chaotic/destructive form.
#4Gamer-ChrisPosted 11/24/2011 10:11:01 AM
Oh no, no, no.. Don't just sell them as they are. Collect whatever other item you need ad make jewelery from them ( Same way you make weapons, at forges ), then enchant them and sell them.
---
I like video games.
#5xXbacchusXxPosted 11/24/2011 10:12:40 AM
Jewelry and monayyyyyyyyy
---
Gamertag: GangstaNuggetS
Black FC: 2537 5210 3286
#6josefreesPosted 11/24/2011 10:12:59 AM
They are sellable for a good amount of money. They can be combined with silver or gold ingots to make jewelry for sale or enchantment.
#7anluanPosted 11/24/2011 10:19:42 AM
I like to take them and place them in a basket or other open container. It is not quite my money bath I made in new Vegas, but it is still fun to se a basket overflowing with gems. And of course I display the various dragon claw keys all in a net row on my kitchen table.
---
"Oh no, you got the Elswyr Crotch Rot. Go buy a Cure Disease potion at the Alchemist shop."--- posted by DoctorScraps
#8Game__Raider(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 10:20:21 AM

I have another random question but didn't want to open another topic. Is there a list of potions and what ingredients it takes to make them that you can find in the game? I was just at an alchemy lab and I wasted some ingredients trying to find out if anything would make a potion. In Oblivion the game told you what you needed. Is there something like that in this game?

#9laijka gfPosted 11/24/2011 10:25:03 AM
anluan posted...
It is not quite my money bath I made in new Vegas

I thought I was the only one doing that =)

And there are recipes you can buy in game that tell you some ingredients you can use, eat them to find out some effects or you could check the wiki for a complete list I guess. Personally I like having to guess.
#10anluanPosted 11/24/2011 10:47:00 AM
laijka gf posted...
anluan posted...
It is not quite my money bath I made in new Vegas

I thought I was the only one doing that =)

Almost any game like this I will horde and display something. Morrowind was pillows, Oblivion was books, FO3 was teddy bears, NV money, and Skyrim it is turning out to be gems.
---
"Oh no, you got the Elswyr Crotch Rot. Go buy a Cure Disease potion at the Alchemist shop."--- posted by DoctorScraps