Smelter in Solitude?

#1TheDebaucheryPosted 11/24/2011 11:54:42 AM
I found the Blacksmith's in Solitude, after much hunting.
But for some reason I couldn't find an ore-smelter around it anywhere...
Surely there has to be a smelter somewhere, right?

I only moved to Solitude from Whiterun because I needed a home with mannequins and quick, easy access to an enchanting table... but the house is prohibitively large, the distances to run to any services BESIDES the enchanting table are much longer... and I can't find a damned smelter! =(
#2TheDebauchery(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 12:22:40 PM
I will punch this up if needed. I wanna find the smelter!
#3imthesledgePosted 11/24/2011 12:28:56 PM
there is no smelter in solitude, as far as I know

do like I do and keep all your smithing supplies at your whiterun house, because even if you over encumber yourself its not a bad walk to nextdoor to smith

btw. I absolutely hate the solitude house, I was expecting it to be really decked out because of such a high price tag, but damn that thing sucks. My favorite house so far is the one in Markath (only 1 mannequin though *sad face*)
---
Gamefaqs User "Fable_II" : Are you another one of these people that assumes my name comes from a ****ty game?
#4TheDebauchery(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 1:21:12 PM
Okokokok...
I might have to do more research into this... as regards the best place to live... v_v; ...

Benefits:
#1. Alchemy / Enchanting tables.
#2. Plenty of storage.
#3. Mannequins.
#4. Nearby amenities (especially full Smithing tools).
#5. Convenience of geographical location.
#6. Convenience of design.

Since I only have experience of three potential living situations, I can only pass judgement on those: Whiterun home, Solitude home, College of Winterhold...

Solitude and the College both have alchemy and enchanting, though the college requires a bit of a run. Solitude wins this one.
There seems to be enough storage for everything in at least the two houses, though Solitude doesn't have anywhere convenient near the enchanting / alchemy tables, which is a nuisance. Whiterun wins this one.
Mannequins... Solitude wins easily.
Amenities... Whiterun wins for all blacksmith-related stuff, though Solitude does have Radiant Raiments... which is nice. Whiterun wins though.
Convenience of location AND design: Whiterun wins.

BUT I haven't checked the other potential residences yet.... so.... we'll see.
#5imthesledgePosted 11/24/2011 8:31:02 PM
I'd say buy markath next (i'm playing on a sd tv, so i cant actually see if that is the right spelling lol)

but it has 1 mannequin and pretty much everything else you said, besides the smithing utilites (which like i said, i just fast travel to whiterun for that)

markath actually has a HUGE selection of bookshelves when compared to solitude. 4 big bookshelves, that hold 3 columns of 18 books each!
---
Gamefaqs User "Fable_II" : Are you another one of these people that assumes my name comes from a ****ty game?