Brothels? Women of the night? Where are they?

#1SairosPosted 11/24/2011 10:43:10 PM
It is a medieval world, brothels and similar agencies have been around even before the dark ages in this world, and yet, there is not a single brothel or woman of the night (polite way of saying it, maybe) in all of Skyrim? Even in the sketchy town of Riften? Its a odd thing to get worked up over I admit, but the lack of such makes no sense given the worlds setting. Brothels are even mentioned in one of the "Wolf Queen" books.
#2UnstandardwarPosted 11/24/2011 10:44:13 PM
TES is the "Family friendly" Sandbox series. You are looking for Fallout.
---
(V)0-0(V)
Official Scarecrow of the FNV board.
#3VickersZombiePosted 11/24/2011 10:45:33 PM
They don't need them - Nord women are already alcohol-ridden and easy enough.
#4MrAtIasPosted 11/24/2011 10:46:44 PM
There is a surprising lack of procreation in Skyrim. With all the vampires and werewolves running around the place, you would think the civil war would've ended because everyone is bumping uglies a la True Blood / Twilight.
---
My real name is Encyclopedia.
#5Oni_TatsujinPosted 11/24/2011 10:52:52 PM
Nope, there's nothing like that in Skyrim.

Although I personally dislike the very idea of "women of the night", nor do I ever want to play a game featuring them... I do find it extremely sad that people are OK with people getting shot, burned, maimed, and otherwise mutilated but completely flip their crap if so much as a breast is shown.

Marital hooh-hah in games is OK with me. Games are rated Mature for a reason. Little kids shouldn't play it. If parents get angry over it, too freakin' bad. They should of known better. Done their research.
---
"There there, you blubbering god damned pansy." - Spades Slick
See my quote for Gamertag, PSN, Steam name, and Youtube!
#6Sairos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 10:54:56 PM
Tame "fade to black, bit of moaning" sex is less family friendly than in game sword decapitation? Or essentially pulling a bloody skull out of a monsters mouth/stomach?
#7LatronisPosted 11/24/2011 10:56:56 PM
americans
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg
#8THATKwiKGUYPosted 11/24/2011 10:58:26 PM
VickersZombie posted...
They don't need them - Nord women are already alcohol-ridden and easy enough.

Here Here
#9Fatality MistPosted 11/24/2011 11:03:10 PM
Oni_Tatsujin posted...
Nope, there's nothing like that in Skyrim.

Although I personally dislike the very idea of "women of the night", nor do I ever want to play a game featuring them... I do find it extremely sad that people are OK with people getting shot, burned, maimed, and otherwise mutilated but completely flip their crap if so much as a breast is shown.

Marital hooh-hah in games is OK with me. Games are rated Mature for a reason. Little kids shouldn't play it. If parents get angry over it, too freakin' bad. They should of known better. Done their research.

It amuses me to see a game where you can join an assassin's guild, serve lords of rape and suffering, and kill helpless beggars and widows, yet a child's death is taboo. And sex? You sick bastard!
---
Null.
#10VickersZombiePosted 11/24/2011 11:05:37 PM
It amuses me that people so intently want to kill children in games.