Brothels? Women of the night? Where are they?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Brothels? Women of the night? Where are they?

User Info: Sairos

Sairos
5 years ago#1
It is a medieval world, brothels and similar agencies have been around even before the dark ages in this world, and yet, there is not a single brothel or woman of the night (polite way of saying it, maybe) in all of Skyrim? Even in the sketchy town of Riften? Its a odd thing to get worked up over I admit, but the lack of such makes no sense given the worlds setting. Brothels are even mentioned in one of the "Wolf Queen" books.

User Info: Unstandardwar

Unstandardwar
5 years ago#2
TES is the "Family friendly" Sandbox series. You are looking for Fallout.
(V)0-0(V)
Official Scarecrow of the FNV board.

User Info: VickersZombie

VickersZombie
5 years ago#3
They don't need them - Nord women are already alcohol-ridden and easy enough.

User Info: MrAtIas

MrAtIas
5 years ago#4
There is a surprising lack of procreation in Skyrim. With all the vampires and werewolves running around the place, you would think the civil war would've ended because everyone is bumping uglies a la True Blood / Twilight.
My real name is Encyclopedia.

User Info: Oni_Tatsujin

Oni_Tatsujin
5 years ago#5
Nope, there's nothing like that in Skyrim.

Although I personally dislike the very idea of "women of the night", nor do I ever want to play a game featuring them... I do find it extremely sad that people are OK with people getting shot, burned, maimed, and otherwise mutilated but completely flip their crap if so much as a breast is shown.

Marital hooh-hah in games is OK with me. Games are rated Mature for a reason. Little kids shouldn't play it. If parents get angry over it, too freakin' bad. They should of known better. Done their research.
"There there, you blubbering god damned pansy." - Spades Slick
See my quote for Gamertag, PSN, Steam name, and Youtube!

User Info: Sairos

Sairos
5 years ago#6
Tame "fade to black, bit of moaning" sex is less family friendly than in game sword decapitation? Or essentially pulling a bloody skull out of a monsters mouth/stomach?

User Info: Latronis

Latronis
5 years ago#7
americans
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg

User Info: THATKwiKGUY

THATKwiKGUY
5 years ago#8
VickersZombie posted...
They don't need them - Nord women are already alcohol-ridden and easy enough.

Here Here

User Info: FatalityMist

FatalityMist
5 years ago#9
Oni_Tatsujin posted...
Nope, there's nothing like that in Skyrim.

Although I personally dislike the very idea of "women of the night", nor do I ever want to play a game featuring them... I do find it extremely sad that people are OK with people getting shot, burned, maimed, and otherwise mutilated but completely flip their crap if so much as a breast is shown.

Marital hooh-hah in games is OK with me. Games are rated Mature for a reason. Little kids shouldn't play it. If parents get angry over it, too freakin' bad. They should of known better. Done their research.

It amuses me to see a game where you can join an assassin's guild, serve lords of rape and suffering, and kill helpless beggars and widows, yet a child's death is taboo. And sex? You sick bastard!
Null.

User Info: VickersZombie

VickersZombie
5 years ago#10
It amuses me that people so intently want to kill children in games.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Brothels? Women of the night? Where are they?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived