Possible fix for dragon soul glitch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Possible fix for dragon soul glitch

User Info: lord_abortion

lord_abortion
5 years ago#1
I finally ran into the glitch where you don't absorb the dragon soul after defeating it. This may be a contained case but I managed to fix it on my file.

I killed a blood dragon from one of the dragon walls and didn't absorb the soul. I noticed that I was really far away from the wall so I proceeded to blast the corpse with unrelenting force and dual firebolts so send the corpse over closer to the wall. As he got closer I absorbed the soul and then proceeded to loot the body.

I then reloaded the save and fought the dragon again, this time staying right close to his wall. After defeat I immediately absorbed the soul. Seems you need to be close to the dragon's wall in order for it to count. If people have problems with the random encounter dragons I can't help there. Feel free to test this for yourselves, as I said it could just be a contained case.
GT: StrangeAnima1
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Possible fix for dragon soul glitch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived