Improving Daedric armor/weapons?

#1romana86Posted 11/27/2011 2:30:55 PM

I've created a Daedric Bow, but it's a regular level (63 dmg), so my Legendary Ebony Bow has higher damage (90 dmg) right now. I'm trying to improve the Daedric Bow but it won't let me. I have Daedric Hearts, Ebony ingots and ore, a smithing skill of 100, plus gauntlets that allow 20% better improving, and potions that allow for 20% and 30% better improving (multiples of each) - yet the worktable STILL won't give me the option to improve my Daedric bow! What gives?

Is this a glitch or can you not improve Daedric stuff? Because I swear I thought I saw topics where people spoke of improving their Daedric stuff...

#2Zegma310Posted 11/27/2011 2:32:23 PM
You do realize that you use the grindstone to upgrade weapons and not the worktable , right?
---
Nickles is money too, come on guys...
#3IminyourclosetPosted 11/27/2011 2:33:21 PM
Worktable is for armour, grindstone is for weapons.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#4MC2011Posted 11/27/2011 2:33:34 PM
Grindstone for weapons
Worktable for armor
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#5RidinfearspamPosted 11/27/2011 2:35:38 PM
Grindstone = weapons.

Work table = armor.

I just did it with my daedric bow yesterday, takes an ebony ingot to reinforce it.
---
Hey look! A shotgun!
#6bretopherPosted 11/27/2011 2:46:36 PM
I'm not sure, but I think grindstone is for weapons, workbench for armor.
#7romana86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 4:02:24 PM

Zegma310 posted...
You do realize that you use the grindstone to upgrade weapons and not the worktable , right?
---
Nickles is money too, come on guys...

omg... total blonde moment! And I know that because I've upgraded all my armor and weapons lmao

Jesus it's just one of those days guys, sorry! And thanks for the non-douchey replies! haha

#8romana86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 4:07:01 PM

Ok, and if anyone else happens to see this, another quick question: So I put on the gauntlets, plus two 2 potions for 20% increase and 1 for 30% increase, and it upgraded my Daedric Bow to Legendary for 98 damage, but now the Legendary Ebony Bow went down from 90 damage to 73 damage... am I being a dip again, or is there a reason for that??

#9MC2011Posted 11/27/2011 4:17:36 PM
Potions of similar effects don't stack, so you were better off using just the 30%. Though enchantments do stack, and stack with a potion.

As for the damage decrease... no clue. Did you unequip any enchantments that increase bow damage, like gauntlets?
---
#10romana86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 4:45:11 PM

MC2011 posted...
Potions of similar effects don't stack, so you were better off using just the 30%. Though enchantments do stack, and stack with a potion.

As for the damage decrease... no clue. Did you unequip any enchantments that increase bow damage, like gauntlets?
---

You know, I didn't think I did, but I just went through and checked and apparently I had unequipped one of my pieces that enhance damage. I didn't recall doing that so I didn't even think that was a factor. Thanks for the answer!