Necromancer builds

#1SillicePosted 11/28/2011 4:33:11 AM
Hello everyone ^_^

Im a bit new to skyrim, just watched my bf play it so far and i got interested :)

now i am curious ( i read the other boards, but there are too many now :D)

I would like to start a necromancer character. But i am not sure where to start.

First, im already stuck with the race.

Bretons seem to be the best for a necromancer if i read that right? but i always Roleplay a bit with my character so i might go for something more suited to my kind of roleplay. So i might go with a dark elf.

Would that have real disadvantages or is it just a minor difference?

Then comes the skills. I saw that using a skill, raises it.
now that means everytime i hit something with 1 handed weapons, it raises the skill right?
but what if i dont want to use that path?
it levels up a bit from the start of the tutorial and such. Does that mean i cant max my other necromancer stats anymore?

I mean. is there a maximum ammount of skills we can learn? or can i still learn max) other skills eventhough a few other skills (example 1 handed weapons, armor etc) have gotten a few levels here and there.

Also, conjuring is something i have to max it seems, as to get the dead thrall spell?
Are there any other skills i really need?

Then, lastly, which stats to focus on at leveling up. health, and Magic?

ooh and is it worth it to use that magic trick to raise conjuring to 100 before starting the quests? or just level the conjuring skill as i play?
I would prefer to start as a bit of a decent necromancer atleast but if it means i am pitted againt strong high level enemies from the start, maybe i better pass?

items and clothing i should look out for early on in the game?

Sorry if this turned out as a lot of questions, but i love how the game looks and i want to try it
But i dont want to end up making a char, and after 20 hours having to make a new one because i took a lot of bad skills

Sillice
---
-=I am the falling stone in your world of glass=-
#2Anarchist_ApplePosted 11/28/2011 5:00:19 AM
Don't worry about levelling up abilities, as they'll contribute to your overall level anyway, just don't put perks into skills u won't be using as they're limited.

If roleplaying is more important than min maxing 2 u you can literally play any race as any class. Racial benefits are nice bonuses but far from gamebreaking n you'll dark elf necro will turn out just fine.

I'd look for the ritual stone asap, google it, it'll make your necro v fun to play.

Biggest downside 4 me was the horrible sound your minions make! Grates after a while!!
---
Gamertag: Anarchist Apple
#3shawn10000000Posted 11/28/2011 5:04:43 AM
I'd reccomend illusion along with conjuration, it's so fun to make your enemies frenzy while your spawns kill everyone ^^, also, get a dog, and a good companion, and you'll have your own personal army! so much fun.
---
Forgive my running away from a discussion not going my way and reliance on grammar. I am a European.
#4Sillice(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2011 5:43:14 AM
Aww, thank you guys ^_^

yea, So then i will stick to my dark elf. And not worry too much about skills leveling. just not putting perks into them then ^_^

Also, i read about the small army thing. Like, a companion, a dog, and then 2 dead thrall conjurers, which both summon more too :D

Im really looking forward to get started ^^ I j ust wish there was an option to play with others at the same time. Like, travel and adventure together and such. Such a nicely made land and detailed and alive. shame not to travel around with someone else.
---
#5Tactician_LordPosted 11/28/2011 5:46:40 AM
This is the best help you will ever need.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61115903
---
Real Hulk: Gets stronger the more angry he gets.
GameFAQs Hulk: Gets stronger the more angry his fanboys gets. And they are always super angry.
#6Sillice(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2011 6:45:06 AM
Oh, that link certainly had some nice info ^_^

Im not sure yet what kind of Dead thralls to use. I dont need mine to be super powerful. I care more for a menacing looking force ^^'

Perhaps some scary looking monsters or so?
can those be raised too?
or only people?
---
#7Tactician_LordPosted 11/28/2011 8:15:56 AM
Sillice posted...
Oh, that link certainly had some nice info ^_^

Im not sure yet what kind of Dead thralls to use. I dont need mine to be super powerful. I care more for a menacing looking force ^^'

Perhaps some scary looking monsters or so?
can those be raised too?
or only people?

Then pick the daedra. In some page in that link it tells you how to thrall daedra too (you find them in a quest for Azura)

Also, Orchendor (or what ever he is called) is the best thrall ever. He teleports...he teleports I tell you. During fights he opens portals and teleports.
---
Real Hulk: Gets stronger the more angry he gets.
GameFAQs Hulk: Gets stronger the more angry his fanboys gets. And they are always super angry.