how to quickly level up alchemy?

#1Tbone412Posted 11/29/2011 2:48:16 PM
whats the fastest way to level up alchemy? i read somewhere that potions with multiple effects level it up quicker, if this is true does anyone know a good recipe to use?
#2meltor13Posted 11/29/2011 2:52:29 PM
multiple effects and/or high value effects (Slow, Paralyze, Invisibility, etc.)
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#3Dual ZeroPosted 11/29/2011 2:53:22 PM
Giant's Toe + Wheat is the best at leveling Alchemy, but Giant's Toe is pretty rare to get to appear in stores.

Or you can go Giant hunting.
---
In Memory of JT18
PSN: DrakeFZX3
#4vannacutPosted 11/29/2011 2:58:48 PM

i collect blue butterfly and blue mountain flower, two of them combined gives good money for the potion , over 200 bucks depending on your level,(mine is now over 300 ) and it goes faster than many other potions for leveling, and those ingredients are plenty around.... 

my question is , how often those flowers you pick grow again?

#5sunburnt11011Posted 11/29/2011 3:03:09 PM
Invisibility pots make it easy. Chaurus Eggs are all over the place in dwemer ruins. you can combine those with vamp dust, luna moth wings, or Nirnroot to get those pots. I actually use Invis pots. I make 20 for a level up in Alch.

Enchant some gear (ring, gloves, amulet work ......i dont know if boots or helmet allow this) with ~+15% Fortify Alchemy and use the Krosis mask to also boost the selling price of the pots. The selling price affects the leveling process.
---
XL GT: SigNu BeMu
#6cursedgamerPosted 11/29/2011 3:07:24 PM
Alchemy is leveled up by creating potions, although eating ingredients does give you some XP. The higher the value of the potion, the more it levels you up when you make it. With that in mind, to start off, only buy the following ingredients:

Bear claws
Blue Butterfly Wing
Blue Mountain Flower
Briar Heart
Canis Root
Chaurus Eggs
Chickens Egg
Creep cluster
**Daedric Hearts (see comment below about these and whether you need them)
Deathbell
Eye of Sabre Cat
Frost Mirriam
Giant's Toe
Glow Dust
Glowing Mushroom
Hanging Moss
Hawk's Beak
Histcarp
Ice Wraith Teeth
Imp Stool
Juniper Berries
Large Antlers
Luna Moth Wing
Mora Tapinella
Nightshade
Nirnroot
River Betty
Salt Pile
Scaly Pholiota
Silverside Perch
Skeever Tail
Spider Egg
Spriggan Sap
Swamp Fungal Pod
Vampire Dust
Wheat

The above ingredients can be used to make the following high cost potions:

Damage Magicka Regen:
Bear claws, Blue Butterfly Wing, Blue Mountain Flower, Chickens Egg, Glow Dust, Hanging Moss, Nightshade, Spider Egg, Spriggan Sap

Damage Stamina Regen:
Creep cluster, Frost Mirriam, Histcarp, Juniper Berries, Large Antlers, Silverside Perch, Skeever Tail, Wheat

Invisibility:
Chaurus Eggs, Nirnroot, Ice Wraith Teeth, Luna Moth Wing, Vampire Dust

Paralysis:
Briar Heart, Canis Root, Imp Stool, Swamp Fungal Pod

Slow:
Deathbell, Salt Pile, Large Antlers, River Betty

There are some ingredients though you'll want to save to make "super" potions worth lots of money and experience. The ones I used are as follows:

Giant's Toe, Wheat, Hawk's Beak (Creep Cluster if you don't have Hawk's Beak)

Mora Tapinella, Scaly Pholiotam, Creep Cluster = Fortify Illusion, Regenerate Stamina, Restore Magicka, Fortify Carry Weight, Weakness to Magic

Bear Claws, Hanging Moss, Eye of Sabre Cat = Fortify Health, Damage Magicka Regen, Fortify One-Handed, Restore Stamina, Damage Magicka

Glow Dust, Glowing Mushroom, Hanging Moss = Resist Shock, Fortify Destruction, Damage Magicka, Fortify Health, Damage Magicka Regen

restock the vendor every 48 hours, job done.
---
GT = DarksideUK
#7DrNewcensteinPosted 11/29/2011 10:38:10 PM
Tbone412 posted...
whats the fastest way to level up alchemy? i read somewhere that potions with multiple effects level it up quicker, if this is true does anyone know a good recipe to use?

Well, first you have to start with 2-ingredient potions to move it up to 3, then finally to 4.

As well, eating ingredients increases your Alchemy skill, but you could come up with a disease or other ailment by eating things.

Run through the world gathering ingredients in the wild, spamming the (A) button as you run to collect them.

While certain potions do level up Alchemy more quickly than others, those ingredients may not be as readily available, and may involve some serious dungeon-diving to get (bear claws, hagraven stuff, spriggan whatnot, etc).
Making 20 potions out of common items will level you up in the same amount of time as it would take to find enough items to make 5 potions that would level you up faster.

If it takes you 3 hours of gameplay to round up enough ingredients for 5 Cure Disease or Cure Poison or other high-XP potions and 3 hours of grinding snowberries and blood crowns to make 20 weak restore health potions to achieve the same degree of advancement in Alchemy, there's no benefit to worrying about the high-XP potion.