Vaermina Quest - Waking Nightmare questions(spoilers)

#1thanoswizardPosted 11/30/2011 12:24:49 AM
At the end Vaermina speaks and says to kill Erandur. Then you have a choice of killing him and taking the Skull of Corruption as your own, or letting him do whatever it is he was going to do(I don't know because I didn't let him). So now I have the Skull of Corruption and I was wondering if that was it, as far as Vaermina goes? She doesn't say anything else afterwards. I think I will go to sleep with the Skull in my inventory and see if something happens. I'll probably ask around Dawnstar as well. Anyone else have any info?
---
Madness? THIS IS SKYRIM!!!(kicks dragon into pit of death)
#2TeXaS_PiEPosted 11/30/2011 12:26:07 AM
That's all there is to it. I believe you cast it on sleeping people and it gets charges?

I never got it so I wouldn't really know.
---
May the Gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!
GT-- JoEMaN604
#3Negative81Posted 11/30/2011 12:26:31 AM
thats it
#4thanoswizard(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 12:27:49 AM
TeXaS_PiE posted...
That's all there is to it. I believe you cast it on sleeping people and it gets charges?

What happens if you let Erandur destroy the skull? And does this(either way you play it) go towards the Oblivion Walker achievement for completing quests for all the daedric lords?
---
Madness? THIS IS SKYRIM!!!(kicks dragon into pit of death)
#5a_thomPosted 11/30/2011 12:29:40 AM
Yeha, unfortunately it is a pretty disappointing artifact, especially compared to its Oblivion equivalent (Clone ANYTHING, including high-level items? Yes please!). It is basically useless, even when charged. My advice? Sell it, unless you're going for the Oblivion Walker achievement (and even there I'm not sure if that counts whether you've completed the quest or if you physically have the items somewhere).
---
HG FC: 4082 8075 7897
Diamond: 1419 5052 5499
#6a_thomPosted 11/30/2011 12:33:24 AM
If you let the priest destroy the skull, you obviously don't get it, but he will become a companion whenever you want, which might sound good but really isn't. The Jarl doesn't even pay you or anything, its really one of the least rewarding quests in the game.

To get credit towards Oblivion Walker, you do need to kill him and take the skull, but if I'm not mistaken you only have to get 15 of the 16 artifacts, so you could theoretically let him destroy it. I'm just not sure why you'd want to, as the rewards are roughly equivalent in their worthlessness, except that one gives you credit towards one of the more tedious achievements in the game.
---
HG FC: 4082 8075 7897
Diamond: 1419 5052 5499
#7CRtwentyPosted 11/30/2011 12:37:06 AM
thanoswizard posted...
TeXaS_PiE posted...

What happens if you let Erandur destroy the skull? And does this(either way you play it) go towards the Oblivion Walker achievement for completing quests for all the daedric lords?

You can use Erandur as a companion if you let him destroy it. As a caster he's one of the more useful ones you can find.
---
"Wal-Mart has friggin' everything you'd ever need in a Zombie attack" -ScreamerA440
HG FC - 2322 0405 2787