Arniel's Endeavor and Dwemer Disappearance connected? *spoilers*

#1IanSpurlockPosted 11/30/2011 6:35:51 PM
So as those of you who have finished Arniel's ridiculous fetch quests know,

*SPOILER*

Arniel vanished after striking the abnormal soul gem with Keening (or was it Sunder? IDK)

What do you think could have possibly happened? Perhaps all the Dwemer exist in some realm of Oblivion and he wound up there as well? The Dwemer reviled the Daedra, so they surely wouldn't choose to strike a deal with any of them... but maybe did they somehow manage to acquire their own realm in Oblivion (if that's even possible according to lore).

*ADDITIONAL SPOILER*

When doing the Azura's Star quest the villain guy is trapped within the soul gem in what he claims is his own realm of Oblivion. Maybe the Dwemer somehow managed to accomplish something similar?

Thoughts?
---
i. am. ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Gamertag for Xbox Live: Ian Online
#2UnstandardwarPosted 11/30/2011 6:37:42 PM
Keening, yeah.

Whatever he did, he probably replicated it.

I bet some bearded dudes are really confused right now.
---
(V)0-0(V)
Official Scarecrow of the FNV board.
#3ZenlightenedPosted 11/30/2011 6:42:45 PM
On an extremely small scale and without a couple key components (sunder, lorkhan's actual heart any sort of dwemer machinery) yes it seemed to have worked. Awkwardly enough you can summon him in blue ghost Jedi form after doing this. This is odd as there is no way to summon dwemer back, but Arniel is mute so who knows if it's actually him.
#4PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 11/30/2011 6:47:07 PM
Blah. When Arniel disappeared, I laughed (it was pretty funny) but was deep down disappointed.

Honestly, the way Bethesda handled the Dwemer in this, I doubt we will EVER know for sure what happened to them.

I really really hope that the DLC for Skyrim will be some sort of trip to wherever the Dwemer went. But after witnessing the way Bethesda still wants to keep them gone forever without so much as an explanation, I highly doubt it will happen.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#5UnstandardwarPosted 11/30/2011 6:49:01 PM
Zenlightened posted...
On an extremely small scale and without a couple key components (sunder, lorkhan's actual heart any sort of dwemer machinery) yes it seemed to have worked. Awkwardly enough you can summon him in blue ghost Jedi form after doing this. This is odd as there is no way to summon dwemer back, but Arniel is mute so who knows if it's actually him.

You can summon him back? How?

And I think you only need all of the godly implements for something on a planar scale, which would take ungodly amounts of energy.
---
(V)0-0(V)
Official Scarecrow of the FNV board.
#6IanSpurlock(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 6:51:01 PM
Good point about summoning Arniel.

The most peculiar thing to me is the disappearance of the physical body. When filling a soul gem by killing a monster the physical body is left and only the soul is captured... but somehow the Dwemer and Arniel managed to have their actual bodies relocated somewhere.

So if you can summon Arniel's familiar, does it imply he's dead? Confusing

And yes I was hoping for some small-scale explanation of what happened to the Dwemer. They are a huge part of the Elder Scrolls lore and very involved in every game, so it's disappointing that any hints of an explanation are not even given. But then again that does add to the allure of the game in a way...
---
i. am. ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Gamertag for Xbox Live: Ian Online
#7ZenlightenedPosted 11/30/2011 6:51:04 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
Blah. When Arniel disappeared, I laughed (it was pretty funny) but was deep down disappointed.

Honestly, the way Bethesda handled the Dwemer in this, I doubt we will EVER know for sure what happened to them.

I really really hope that the DLC for Skyrim will be some sort of trip to wherever the Dwemer went. But after witnessing the way Bethesda still wants to keep them gone forever without so much as an explanation, I highly doubt it will happen.

I sort of disagree here. This is the biggest indication that they want to answer that question. They actually showed us that all it took was a few strikes from the kagrenac's tools and poof...they vanished. Sure we already knew that, but we got to see it.

As expected it was their thirst for power and their desire to have mysteries answered that was their downfall. Maybe this mystery should stay a mystery less we all up and vanish as well.

But honestly, if we ever do get to see what happened to the dwarves, I'd be stoked.
#8ranmafanPosted 11/30/2011 6:55:30 PM
My theory is simple: The dwemer managed a form of soul trap so extreme their physical bodies turned to dust and blew away. This explains their complete and utter disappearance.

According to some posts on Bethsoft, the Dwemer possibly 'trapped' their entire race into/onto Numidium - a giant God Machine IIRC. (That giant golem everyone wanted to control in Daggerfall). That might explain it.
---
Ignorance is a terrible, terrible affliction. And those who refuse to be cured are the worst affected.
http://angelfether.deviantart.com