Which is the coolest house you can buy?

#1High_CardPosted 12/1/2011 6:03:50 PM
The one in Markarth seems like it would be hard to top...
---
http://www.gifsoup.com/view5/2116182/1mil-o.gif
#2gamer1220Posted 12/1/2011 6:04:56 PM
I am personally a fan of Proudspire Manor in Solitude. I mean, it is in my favorite city...
---
Diamond FC: 2621-0736-1202
Collat & PokeList: gamer1220.wikispaces.com
#3Iano11Posted 12/1/2011 6:08:43 PM
Windhelm has secret passageways and a loaded armory.

And hardwood floors. Mmm, hardwood.
---
"breasts are nice, even when scaly and cold" - jimbobaloo,
#4zeroboboPosted 12/1/2011 6:16:35 PM
the only house ive gotten so far is the whiterun house. its pretty good.
me and ysolda enjoy it enough. its alittle small but it does the job, great central location, and the house itself is near a bunch of merchants. also real close to the fast travel spot.

i found the markarth one today (didnt buy it, so i dont know what the inside looks like) but it seems rather high up on that cliff, annoying to get up to if you want quick access toy our house.
#5HugclawPosted 12/1/2011 6:18:30 PM
You don't need to buy the coolest house. Archmage's Quarters in College of Winterhold.
#6EvangeliPosted 12/1/2011 6:22:01 PM
Yea, Vlindrel Hall in Markarth is quite groovy. Proudspire is great and big, with a nice-ass patio, but isn't as cool as the Dwerven-design of Vlindrel. Just my preference though.

I enjoyed the Arch-Mage's Quarters for a long time before buying Vlindrel. I do wish Skyrim had more depth to it's home design options, other than just placing carry-able around your place. Like being able to plant a Garden to grow rare plants, or installing Smithing tools in your basement.

*sigh*
---
Official Hate-Lord of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim message board.
+____Gamertag: Evangeli__<^>__MC: All_Under_Heaven___+
#7LordElohimPosted 12/2/2011 2:14:34 AM
zerobobo posted...
the only house ive gotten so far is the whiterun house. its pretty good.
me and ysolda enjoy it enough. its alittle small but it does the job, great central location, and the house itself is near a bunch of merchants. also real close to the fast travel spot.

i found the markarth one today (didnt buy it, so i dont know what the inside looks like) but it seems rather high up on that cliff, annoying to get up to if you want quick access toy our house.

Fast travel to the keep instead of the city, and the house isn't too far or too inconvenient at all. Just turn around from facing the keep, and essentially just run around the top of the city, keeping left, it takes like 15 seconds.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
Wii Friend Code - 6305-2140-0177-8679 Name: Elohim
#8POWERXCIVPosted 12/2/2011 2:18:44 AM
I like Markarth, I just wish there was a side quest to get a dwarven forge and centurions or something.
#9Kosmo240985Posted 12/2/2011 3:15:32 AM
personally the windhelm house got me with all of its mannequins and weapon plaques and armory like feel.

the only dumb thing is you have to do the stormcloak quests on top of the blood and ice to get it and i really dont wanna join the stormcloaks.
#10James43090Posted 12/2/2011 3:22:01 AM
Markarth would be number one IF any of the weapon displays worked for me.