Find the Word of Power Misc. Quest Broken *Maybe Spoilers*

#1GrimHeroPosted 12/1/2011 7:08:24 PM
So I am doing one of the misc. quests from Arngeir to find a word of power. He sent me to Skyborn Altar. I go there, kill the dragon, but no word is there for me to get. Apparently it holds the second word for frost breath, but I already have all three words!

That doesn't bother me all that much, since I figured there may be walls with the same words on them. That's fine. What bothers me now is that I can't complete the misc. quest! I tried going back to Arngeir, and figured that if I proc'd that dialog again, he would just give me a new place to go, overwriting my current objective. NOPE!

This is the first glitch that, for me, isn't manageable. I was really hoping for Arngeir's help in finding the rest of the shouts, but I guess I am on my own now. This kinda sucks...
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#2GrimHero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 5:56:16 AM
Has anyone else run into this? Been trying to think of a work around. It is really bugging me now. I thought I could handle the quest just sitting there, and looking for these things on my own, but that isn't happening.
---
#3vivalapolitikPosted 12/2/2011 5:58:53 AM
All of the words you find in Skyrim are randomized, at least that's my understanding of it. As for your actual problem, I have no idea except to maybe try reloading a save if you have one.
#4daveliciousPosted 12/2/2011 5:58:56 AM
When you went there to do the quest, had you already discovered the location?

Maybe the glitch is that you were given the quest after you had already cleared skyborn altar?
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#5avalanchegeniexPosted 12/2/2011 6:01:51 AM
vivalapolitik posted...
All of the words you find in Skyrim are randomized, at least that's my understanding of it. As for your actual problem, I have no idea except to maybe try reloading a save if you have one.

This is not true at all. All of the words are very specifically placed. The order in which the Greybeards send you to them is, however, randomized.

TC: If you've already got all three words of Frost Breath, then you have simply been to Skyborn Altar before. No glitch.
#6GrimHero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 6:03:45 AM
I hadn't been there before. If it is randomized it may just be a broken wall, and not trying to give me a word I already have. I just looked it up and the first thing I found stated it was the Frost Breath second word. So it may just be a glitched wall, and that would def be easier to at least find someone else with the same problem.
---
#7GrimHero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 6:04:46 AM

This is not true at all. All of the words are very specifically placed. The order in which the Greybeards send you to them is, however, randomized.

TC: If you've already got all three words of Frost Breath, then you have simply been to Skyborn Altar before. No glitch.

It wasn't on my map at all. I would have remembered being there since it was right next to Labarynthia.
---
#8avalanchegeniexPosted 12/2/2011 6:04:50 AM
Oops, TC, didn't read your last paragraph too clearly.

So, obviously you are glitched with the misc. objectives...that sucks. As for using Arngeir, if you'd like, I can pretend to be Arngeir, and direct you to shouts...lol. Just tell me what you currently have, and I'll pull from the list and send you on your way.
#9GrimHero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 6:08:30 AM
Haha, much appreciated avalanche. I can just look em up on my own. Thanks everyone!
---
#10GrimHero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 6:11:56 AM
For others coming into this, I looked into the wall locations listed here for Frost Breath:

Frost Breath

Like Fire Breath, but deals frost damage over five seconds, while it will also slow your enemies. Rank 1 deals 10 points of damage over five seconds, rank 2 deals 14 points of damage and rank 3 deals 18 points of damage.

Words Of Power: Fo, Krah, Diin

Word Wall Location 1: Bonestrewn Crest (Dragon Lair) in Eastmarch.
Word Wall Location 2: Folgunthur in Hjaalmarch. Requires the side quest ‘Forbidden Legend’.
Word Wall Location 3: Skyborn Altar (Dragon Lair) in Hjaalmarch.

I have NEVER been to Skyborn Altar. I have NO idea how I got all three words. There has to be some dungeons out there that give random words...
---