I'm trying to give Lydia armor and weapon sets...

#1SixStringSamuaiPosted 12/3/2011 9:52:08 PM
But she doesn't seem to wear anything I give her. Any tips?
---
I'm working on this screenplay for a movie, it's called Schindler's List 2: Let's get this party started.
#2madninjaskillzzPosted 12/3/2011 9:53:36 PM
There are none. I made a topic about this too. No housecarl will wear the damn uniform. It blows hard. Take her outside and she might put the stuff on but as soon as she gets back into the house and you leave it is back to her commoner's ramen.
---
The Empire stole my sweetroll. Free Skyrim or death!
Every day I'm shufflin.
#3Alan342Posted 12/3/2011 10:11:23 PM

That's strange, I'm afraid I'm not sure what to tell you.

I use Lydia as a follower and she has always equipped the highest stat items I give her. The only time I ever had a mild issue was after the companions questline, when she was sent back to my house, replaced temporarily.

When I got back to the house, she was in her common outfit. So I talked to her, asked to trade with her, and saw she still had the full dragonbone set. All I had to do was take the armor back from her, and all the rest of the gear popped right on. I gave the armor back and she wore it. Just needed a little push I guess.

Probably not what you are talking about, but it's my only experience.

#4th3warr1orPosted 12/3/2011 10:12:10 PM
Is what you give her better than what she has? Giving her Elven Armor won't really help because it's Light armor.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#5MiNdWarped67780Posted 12/3/2011 10:16:35 PM
Followers wear what you give them, based on if it's better then what they already have. If it isn't they will refuse, and like the one guy said. They may take it off when they go home, but you just have to take it back, and give it back to them they should equip it then. They don't seem to do that with weapons though. Calder, the House Carl in Hjerim ( I think that's how you spell it ) Always kept the Elven Axe I gave him equipped.
---
"One minute can decide the outcome of the battle, one hour the outcome of the campaign, and one day the fate of the country"- Field Marshal Suvorov
#6krono069Posted 12/3/2011 10:16:56 PM
th3warr1or posted...
Is what you give her better than what she has? Giving her Elven Armor won't really help because it's Light armor.

^Ooooooh!
So it has to be HEAVY armor?!

No wonder she wouldn't wear that glass armor set I gave her!

__
---
it was mind blowing!
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...(just in case anyone ever asks what my sig was) //NVBM//
#7cecils7swordPosted 12/3/2011 10:19:43 PM
Yea, Lydia is not a light armor person.
---
"Are you apart of the cure, or part of the disease?"
#8VortexContinuumPosted 12/3/2011 10:19:46 PM
You on PC? After I installed a set of mods it made companions unable to wear anything but their default. I'm not too worried about it though since I prefer no companions.
---
Gnarlacious.
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
#9KungPooPosted 12/3/2011 10:20:07 PM

put that foreskin armor on her

if they cant wear it then they cant carry crap or die for me

simple rules i have

#10madninjaskillzzPosted 12/3/2011 10:22:43 PM
KungPoo posted...
put that foreskin armor on her if they cant wear it then they cant carry crap or die for me simple rules i have

My foreskin armor was removed at birth. Goddamn butchers. :(
---
The Empire stole my sweetroll. Free Skyrim or death!
Every day I'm shufflin.