Help, misc quest map ticks not appearing

#1N7Spectre707Posted 12/5/2011 1:11:07 AM
Yeah I know many don't show up on the map normally, but there are a few that should be popping up that refuse to, such as the word of power locations given by the greybeards. I have probably 15 misc quests, not a single one gives a tick on the map for location, I have misc selected under quests.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?
#2masterofmew300Posted 12/5/2011 1:14:12 AM(edited)
Have you selected the individual parts? (Going to "Miscellaneous," pressing right, and toggling active the mini-quests.)
#3CZWRecallPosted 12/5/2011 1:14:59 AM
You press A on Misc, then press right (important!) and Press A on the quest you want for the arrow marker to appear.

The words of power are located at their feet, considering they shout it on the ground and all you have to do is look at the created words.
---
360 Gamertag & PS3 ID - RecallBerserk
Sun, Sarcasm & Stupidity - Welcome to GameFAQs.
#4N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 1:18:00 AM
CZWRecall posted...
You press A on Misc, then press right (important!) and Press A on the quest you want for the arrow marker to appear.

The words of power are located at their feet, considering they shout it on the ground and all you have to do is look at the created words.

Thanks yes that was the problem, I had no idea you could individually select the misc quests.

Also in regards to the words of power, I'm talking about when you ask them to show you the locations of words out in skyrim, they tell you one by one where to find new words in dungeons etc...
#5SlurpstwoPosted 12/5/2011 2:49:22 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Yeah I know many don't show up on the map normally, but there are a few that should be popping up that refuse to, such as the word of power locations given by the greybeards. I have probably 15 misc quests, not a single one gives a tick on the map for location, I have misc selected under quests.

even following the instructions from the other posters, i can't get the cursor to move on the location of an old gathering quest (10 bear pelts to be precise).

all other quests on off, all miscelanous quests, aside the needed one, off.
bummer
#6Tec187Posted 12/5/2011 2:52:46 AM
Slurpstwo posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...

even following the instructions from the other posters, i can't get the cursor to move on the location of an old gathering quest (10 bear pelts to be precise).

all other quests on off, all miscelanous quests, aside the needed one, off.
bummer

That would be because the log doesnt track every single MOVING bear in the game :P

Working as intended mate, go hunting :)
#7CrimsonCallingPosted 12/5/2011 4:16:39 AM

I don't think it tracks any of the gathering quests.  You won't get a marker until you have all the required items.