Bounty unavoidable in "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine"?

#1MiataMikePosted 12/5/2011 1:49:48 PM
I finished up this quest and just noticed that I now have a Lifetime Bounty of 1000. This is annoying because I like playing without ever earning a bounty (to satisfy some arbitrary OCD desire). I played like this in Oblivion too and it's just a shame if a quest forces me to have a bounty. Is it possible to remove or avoid having this in my stats?
---
If you decide to tell that story on this board, it will be regarded as a cool story. Bro.
#2WestSdeNleVrusPosted 12/5/2011 1:51:16 PM
The OCD in me had me reload a save and not attack the guards so I didn't have to worry about it. Unfortunately that's the only answer I have for you. Reload, pay your fine, or do the time.
#3MiataMike(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 1:58:52 PM(edited)
I never touched a hair on a guard! I just let the other Forsworn wreak havoc while I stood behind and watched! I don't know how or at which point I got the bounty. I kind of just assumed the bounty got attached when I got stopped by the guards in the Shrine of Talos just before getting sent to jail.
---
If you decide to tell that story on this board, it will be regarded as a cool story. Bro.
#4FredCat07Posted 12/5/2011 1:58:27 PM
gamecubeholic posted...
I never touched a hair on a guard! I just let the other Forsworn wreak havoc while I stood behind and watched! I don't know how or which point I got the bounty. I kind of just assumed the bounty got attached when I got stopped by the guards in the Shrine of Talos just before getting sent to jail.

Go to where Forsworn are settle, talk to the leader and they will take the bounty off you. That's how I did that on my side.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in knuckle. ~Random signer.
#5Bean_DizzlePosted 12/5/2011 1:59:20 PM
I have a bounty of $1,000 so I hope it isn't a lifetime bounty. I plan on jumping on tonight and paying it off so hopefully that works. i did work up a $1,000 bounty before heading to the mines but I also attacked the guards when we were free.
---
'I finally got a sign I am getting older, I teabagged the toilet water.' - FyrFox
#6WestSdeNleVrusPosted 12/5/2011 2:00:13 PM
gamecubeholic posted...
I never touched a hair on a guard! I just let the other Forsworn wreak havoc while I stood behind and watched! I don't know how or at which point I got the bounty. I kind of just assumed the bounty got attached when I got stopped by the guards in the Shrine of Talos just before getting sent to jail.

*spoilers obviously*
Did you attack the guards when they tried to arrest you for the murder you were framed for?
#7Bean_DizzlePosted 12/5/2011 2:00:20 PM
FredCat07 posted...
gamecubeholic posted...
I never touched a hair on a guard! I just let the other Forsworn wreak havoc while I stood behind and watched! I don't know how or which point I got the bounty. I kind of just assumed the bounty got attached when I got stopped by the guards in the Shrine of Talos just before getting sent to jail.

Go to where Forsworn are settle, talk to the leader and they will take the bounty off you. That's how I did that on my side.

Where is the leader located?
---
'I finally got a sign I am getting older, I teabagged the toilet water.' - FyrFox
#8JPawesomePosted 12/5/2011 2:01:50 PM
gamecubeholic posted...
I finished up this quest and just noticed that I now have a Lifetime Bounty of 1000. This is annoying because I like playing without ever earning a bounty (to satisfy some arbitrary OCD desire). I played like this in Oblivion too and it's just a shame if a quest forces me to have a bounty. Is it possible to remove or avoid having this in my stats?

Once you complete that quest you have an un-payable bounty that never goes away. You can't serve time in the jail either, because of how their jail works differently. You can only escape, which means the bounty stays.

Of course that means if you can actually fight the guards and win, you basically have a new base for an "evil" character. You have a bounty there anways, may as well take advantage of how bounty doesn't carry over between seperate cities and go nuts in Markath, right?
#9MiataMike(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 2:06:13 PM
Nope, I came quietly when the guards confronted me in the temple. I guess it's just an unremovable bounty. It's not an active bounty, and the guards don't attack me on sight like some bug notes mention, but it's in my "permanent record". Oh well.
---
#10EverDownwardPosted 12/5/2011 2:24:56 PM
I also have a 1000 bounty on me, but it honestly doesn't affect you. I can confirm that I've deliberately gone up to guards in different towns, including Markarth's guards, and spoken to them and they'll never try to apprehend you.
---
Rest In Peace, Macho Man. We'll miss you, :'(
November 1952-May 2011