Riften Invisible Chest

#1RealmIycePosted 12/7/2011 5:24:44 AM
We all know about the Dawnstar one, and the Whiterun chest as well, but there's one in Riften too., or rather right outside the main gate.

Face the main gate, and turn DUE WEST, you'll see a rock formation at the base of a mountain. It looks like 4-5 boulders stacked up, along the Riften wall.

At the very edge of the wall, closest to the largest boulder, there lies an invisible chest. Doesn't seem to have as much loot as the others do. Maybe 20 or so items. Mostly potions, smithing supplies, etc. It did have 4-5 enchanted weapons though.

Worth checking out at least.
---
Currently playing - Skyrim, WoW.
#2IBKNAWTUPosted 12/7/2011 5:26:17 AM
What is with all these chests?
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#3McFazzerPosted 12/7/2011 5:27:29 AM
IBKNAWTU posted...

I dunno... Easter Eggs with a practical use?
---
Subtraction is overrated, It's Addition only backwards
If I were a crayon I would be Awesome... seriously
#4Z350ZDRAGONPosted 12/7/2011 5:27:45 AM
I have never been to the dawnstar one, or whiterun. Where are these 2 located? Can you point me in the right direction?
---
Took an arrow is the most overused forced meme in history
WARNING: I'm 26,intelligent,& open minded. Got a problem? What can you do?
#5Chrissyfly82Posted 12/7/2011 5:31:43 AM
IBKNAWTU posted...

every shop owner has a chest where their inventory is stored (i guess so you can't pickpocket them of their wares) Most are far enough behind walls under the floor that they can't be reached, but it looks like the Khajit caravan chests are near enough to the floor that they can be used
#6Z350ZDRAGONPosted 12/7/2011 5:43:15 AM
I am facing the gate. I look west. I see no mountain...let alone large boulders. There is some across the water. You mean the boulders on the road? near the stables?
---
#7Locke90Posted 12/7/2011 5:44:41 AM
hmmm so definately possible to be at every city in the game then?
---
Arguing with a lore whore is like banging your'e head against a wall.
#8Z350ZDRAGONPosted 12/7/2011 5:46:10 AM
Pics or it didn't happen. Because either your directions are not exact or your lying.
---
#9SoulOfFaythPosted 12/7/2011 6:08:51 AM
Tag. Didn't know about the one in Whiterun either so I should look that up.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#10DrNewcensteinPosted 12/7/2011 6:11:54 AM
Z350ZDRAGON posted...
I am facing the gate. I look west. I see no mountain...let alone large boulders. There is some across the water. You mean the boulders on the road? near the stables?

Yeah, what up G? I see a tree due west of the main gate (next to the stables) with some small rocks near it, but cannot see anything resembling a mountain except way across the water, far from the city wall.

Or are you talking about the back gate near the orphanage?