Illusionist + Dragons?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Illusionist + Dragons?

User Info: jtryan150

5 years ago#1
Trying out a sneak illusion build that so many people seem to like, but I'm curious how you guys handle dragons. I am also using conjuration or atronachs and that sort of thing, but is waiting for your followers to hurry up and kill a dragon the main way that this type of build works? Or is there some high level spell that makes a dragon just lay there and let you stab it or something?

Just curious!

User Info: nhamilton310

5 years ago#2
I plan on starting a guy like tihs so Ill throw a bump in.

If perked out, will Illusion spells work on a dragon? Dual Cast, etc. Can you calm him then beat him down?

I know Shield Bash works, so they arent immune to stuff.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana

User Info: Nanaya27

5 years ago#3
Archery for dragons. Frenzy/calm/backstab for everything else.

As for whether Illusion works on dragons.... I don't know. I feel stupid. Two of my four characters have 100 Illusion, and I've never tried it because i just kind of assumed it wouldn't work. I did try paralyze once and that was resisted, so I kind of just lumped all CC in a "doesn't work on dragons" category and proceeded to chain-stagger with impact. I'll have to try Illusion next dragon I see.

User Info: FloppyCannon

5 years ago#4
you can boost your illusion affected level by drinking fortify illusion potion.

If you got good alchemy you can boost the effective illusion level to be around ~80.

User Info: HunterToren

5 years ago#5
I use the same build and have illusion maxed. As far as I have seen it doesn't work on dragons but you can go invisible and try to get sneak attacks or use atronachs and bound bow. Bound bow is decent enough.

User Info: Soldier_0_Cross

5 years ago#6
Dont most assassins use dual one handed anyway? At least dual daggers? You could kill dragons with that.
Aww sweet, I can just warp zealots into my mineral line to defend against harass, I dont actually need to be good at this game. - ROOTDestiny

User Info: HunterToren

5 years ago#7
I usually have an illusion spell in the left hand and a dagger in the other. Never fight straight up all my attribute points are in magic. Most things would kill me in one or two hits but I never get hit....

User Info: Lord_Damius

5 years ago#8
Soldier_0_Cross posted...
Dont most assassins use dual one handed anyway? At least dual daggers? You could kill dragons with that.

I use Illusion in left hand, dagger in right, with a bow for longshots/distractions/dragons. I can understand why some assassins would choose to dual-wield (at least aesthetically), but I find the added versatility of the Illusion school to be more appealing than having more DPS in open combat; which is something I try to avoid.

@ TC. As others have already stated, bows/shouts are a safe and easy way to take out dragons when playing with this kind of build, regardless of whether you prefer illusion/1hand or dual-wield.

User Info: Hortey

5 years ago#9

Personally my illusionist uses sneak, archery, illusion and conjuration.  When I encounter things I can't just kill with my spells and raise dead/astronachs then I conjur a bound bow and go to town.

1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Illusionist + Dragons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived