Thane of Markarth (The Reach)

#1IDarthSothIPosted 12/9/2011 1:46:31 PM
How the hell do I become Thane of Markarth? I already own the house (Vlindrel Hall) but there is no option to become Thane there. I've gone through and done a bunch of tasks for the Steward as well as helped a bunch of citizens, completed the Forsworn king quest in the prison and cleared my name. Still no option to become Thane.

Any ideas what I might be missing?
---
One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.
#2imthesledgePosted 12/9/2011 1:56:48 PM
just ask the jarl if there is anything you else you can do.

other than that just ask around the city and people will give you little quests, i think you need 5 to become thane
---
Gamefaqs User "Fable_II" : Are you another one of these people that assumes my name comes from a ****ty game?
#3IDarthSothI(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2011 1:24:57 PM
imthesledge posted...
just ask the jarl if there is anything you else you can do.

other than that just ask around the city and people will give you little quests, i think you need 5 to become thane

That really didn't help. As I said, i've done a bunch of different tasks for the townsfolk. When I walk around I am always having comments and thanks from random people. The Jarl is not giving any options that haven't been done already and his Steward is sending me on bounty missions I've already completed once. I've done 3 of them twice to see if that would trigger something from the Jarl but no dice. I'm thinking I have a glitch here. At least I was able to buy the house but i'm down to this and one other spot left to make Thane status at to get all 9.
---
#4Andw96Posted 12/10/2011 1:27:23 PM
He should have given you a quest to retrieve a shield. Have you participated in the civil war at all?
---
GT:Andman13
#5IDarthSothI(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 9:51:22 AM
Andw96 posted...
He should have given you a quest to retrieve a shield. Have you participated in the civil war at all?

Yeah I have the shield already. Have also completed the civil war on the imperial side. Just no housecarl or thane title.
---
#6lXENAlPosted 12/12/2011 11:45:19 AM
Omg im having the same issue!! I don't know how many times I've killed forsworn leaders!! I have done pretty much every quest in markarth: I own a home in markarth a night to remember the heart of dibella no one escapes cidhna mine the forsworn conspiracy the house of horrors Ive done at least 5 "kill the leader of ____ redoubt" quests for the jarl I helped some cloaked guy (the one with two female guards in the understone keep) I helped the old man in the understone keep kill a spider I helped the girl in arnleif get her dibella statue
got the daedra heart for the blacksmith
Delivered the last scabbard to ghoraz

What more must we do?? Lol well if you find out how to fix this issue pleaaase message me, I will immediately message you if I find out. This is the worst thing to happen to anyone. I only want to be thane so I can have argis the bulwark follow me.
#7HalfBakedGnomePosted 12/12/2011 1:16:26 PM
Hmmm that's strange, the first time I talked to the jarl he gave me a task to go kill a forsworn leader, no problem, I came back and then he gave me the quest to retrieve his fathers shield, once that was done he told me there was a spot open for thane and that if I purchased a home and helped 5 towns people I could become one.

What you're going through sounds kind of strange, i hope it's not a bug or anything because the markarth house is my favourite so far, i think it's way nicer than the solitude home and for a fraction of the price.
---
I don't support politicians or religions that encourage separation or fear.
#8IDarthSothI(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 6:47:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9IDarthSothI(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 6:49:27 PM
lXENAl posted...
Omg im having the same issue!! I don't know how many times I've killed forsworn leaders!! I have done pretty much every quest in markarth: I own a home in markarth a night to remember the heart of dibella no one escapes cidhna mine the forsworn conspiracy the house of horrors Ive done at least 5 "kill the leader of ____ redoubt" quests for the jarl I helped some cloaked guy (the one with two female guards in the understone keep) I helped the old man in the understone keep kill a spider I helped the girl in arnleif get her dibella statue
got the daedra heart for the blacksmith
Delivered the last scabbard to ghoraz

What more must we do?? Lol well if you find out how to fix this issue pleaaase message me, I will immediately message you if I find out. This is the worst thing to happen to anyone. I only want to be thane so I can have argis the bulwark follow me.

I'm exactly that situation. This second Patch has been a nightmare for me. All sorts of strange **** has been going on since that's update was dl'd for me. Dragons flying backwards or just pausing in place in the sky, items doing strange things in my houses. Book shelves freezing all books on them or showing up empty after I fill it with books. Etc.
I'm chalking this one up to another glitch and playing another game I haven't touched since I bought them. I finished the main story for Skyrim as well as the civil war and have over 125 hours invested here. I'm quite content diving into Assassin's Creed and Saint's Row finally until they patch their last patch and fix some more issues in the game. I was looking to take a Skyrim time out anyway. A month straight is a lot of gaming.
---