Paralyze enchantment

#1hoax123Posted 12/11/2011 8:07:08 AM
If i by some miracle should find a paralyze enchantment for my sword, would there be any point in getting the perk that gives a chance to paralyze targets with a power attack?
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#2Shaolinz0Posted 12/11/2011 8:10:21 AM
Don't get that perk. You have to hit them with a backwards power attack for it to work (which is almost impossible), and it only works 25% of the time. It's a waste of a point IMO. You can't really count on it in a pinch.

The enchant is much better (although I never personally ran into it).

Trust me, the perk is better spent elsewhere. It's a pretty weak 100 pointer.
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 12/11/2011 8:10:28 AM
Enchantments and skills don't stack, they mulitply. Enchanted swords would automatically paralyze, though, so I don't think there's a point.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#4PanopictonguyPosted 12/11/2011 8:10:42 AM
So far the perk seems like it doesn't work. A weapon with a paralyze Enchant is highly effective though.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#5Angry_Walrus7Posted 12/11/2011 8:11:50 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Enchantments and skills don't stack, they mulitply. Enchanted swords would automatically paralyze, though, so I don't think there's a point.

The enchantment has a chance of paralysis, it's not 100% guaranteed.
---
Happy is the most awesome person in the world!
#6Shaolinz0Posted 12/11/2011 8:12:47 AM
"So far the perk seems like it doesn't work. A weapon with a paralyze Enchant is highly effective though."

It's not that it doesn't work, it's just you have to hit them with a backwards attack. The only way to do that is if you hit the power attack button backwards while they're swinging in at you forwards, and even then you have to hit it at the exact moment to get it to work. I have gotten maybe two procs off of it. It's worthless.
#7hoax123(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 8:13:12 AM
But there is the issue to actually find a paralyze enchantment, im lvl 40 and i havent found a single one. But the lvl 100 perk isnt worth even if i dont find paralyze enchant?
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 12/11/2011 8:15:48 AM
Angry_Walrus7 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

The enchantment has a chance of paralysis, it's not 100% guaranteed.

Oh, ok then (I haven't encountered one yet, I thought it would only be a duration or level variable).
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#9Shaolinz0Posted 12/11/2011 8:15:54 AM
Yea even if you don't find it (I'm 81 and I've never found it) it's still not worth it. It's just too hard to hit with and too low of a proc rate. Try it right now if you don't believe me: go try to kill something only using backwards power attacks.
#10SotheBeePosted 12/11/2011 8:18:31 AM
I'm level 20 and I found one....

Chillrend inside whats his faces house during the Theifs Guild quest line.

Awesome proc rate and .... well just plain awesome for a sneak class caught in combat.

Though Im betting that cant be disenchanted or something? I dont know havent tried >.<