I can't get married *spoilers*

#1Roook35Posted 12/11/2011 12:48:18 PM
I am not sure what I'm missing or if this is a glitch.

I've done all of the Temple of Mara quests I believe. I've passed out the 20 notes and reunited those two ghosts and turned in those quests. I'm wearing the amulet of mara and no one I talk to offers any new conversation topics.

I'm trying to marry Jordis and she's my housecarl and is in my house but it doesn't have any other options than her usual three dialogue choices. What's a thane? What's a housecarl? and Follow me. I've never had an option to do a radiant quest for her though.

I've also talked to Ysolda but nope.
---
Killah Priest - "because ROOOK SAID SO DO YOU NEED ANY MORE REASON."
#2B_COWPosted 12/11/2011 12:52:00 PM
Are you sure you have the amulet equipped ?
Thats the only solution I could think of....
---
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.
#3Roook35(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 12:54:05 PM
I'm going to try just equipping it and unequipping it while talking to her and see what happens.

Will she not have the dialogue option if she is following you? Because I have been assuming that was the problem for awhile. Or is there a quest for her to do?

Also is there a quest for this that should be in my quest menu?
---
Killah Priest - "because ROOOK SAID SO DO YOU NEED ANY MORE REASON."
#4FatalX7Posted 12/11/2011 12:55:52 PM
Hmm, all you needed to do was buy an amulet, or find one in your travels. I didn't know the temple had any quests. :o

Are you sure you're actually wearing it?
#5B_COWPosted 12/11/2011 12:56:54 PM
There should be a misc. objective to get married.
Im not sure about the follower thing, but you can ask any housecarl to marry you, and you wont have to do a quest for them. I married Iona from Riften, with no quest, and she was not following me.
Other characters you do have to do favors for.
---
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.
#6FatalX7Posted 12/11/2011 12:57:12 PM
SonicHowl posted...
I'm going to try just equipping it and unequipping it while talking to her and see what happens.

Will she not have the dialogue option if she is following you? Because I have been assuming that was the problem for awhile. Or is there a quest for her to do?

You have the option to marry her after becoming Thane, you need not do anything else.

Try getting her to go back to your house and see what happens, don't have her following you. :o
#7simonbelmont2Posted 12/11/2011 12:57:33 PM
SonicHowl posted...

Did you do the quest for Ysolde first? She should be up for marriage after you help her. Some characters only become available that way. Mjoll the Lioness is another example. I think Uthgard the Unbroken becomes available after you beat her in a fist fight which is easy.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#8LordTalynPosted 12/11/2011 12:57:41 PM
Try talking to Maramal in Riften about marriage.
And buying the amulet from him for 200gold.
---
GT: Lord Draganesti
Joined Stormcloaks, Killed Paathy, Reviving the Blades, Successfully killed Aerin without witnesses, married Mjoll the Lioness.
#9ZeedDeimosPosted 12/11/2011 12:58:11 PM
Talk to that guy in the temple of Mara about marriage
#10simonbelmont2Posted 12/11/2011 12:59:13 PM
FatalX7 posted...
Hmm, all you needed to do was buy an amulet, or find one in your travels. I didn't know the temple had any quests. :o

Are you sure you're actually wearing it?

You can do around three or four small quests for the temple of mara. Upon completion you get an active effect called Agent of Mara if I remember right. I think it gives you a little magic resistance which is handy.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.