Question I haven't seen answered regarding daggers and one-handed perks

#1JohnnySomethingPosted 12/14/2011 2:51:36 AM
Alright, I know Armsman works with daggers, same for dual-wielding perks.

But do the Fighting Stance, Critical Charge, Savage Strike, and Paralyzing Strike perks work with daggers? I don't see how Savage Strike would, but that's just because I can't see how you would decapitate with daggers.

Any and all help is much appreciated.
#2MattheauPosted 12/14/2011 2:56:31 AM
They work. I don't know if daggers have a Savage Strike animation, but the description is misleading. It's not a random instant kill effect. It just adds a new kill animation, the main point of the skill is the damage increase.

They aren't really super worthwhile for daggers, but they work.
#3JohnnySomething(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 2:57:53 AM
Mattheau posted...
They work. I don't know if daggers have a Savage Strike animation, but the description is misleading. It's not a random instant kill effect. It just adds a new kill animation, the main point of the skill is the damage increase.

They aren't really super worthwhile for daggers, but they work.

Alright. And yeah I knew it was just an animation but I was just checking. Thanks.
#4RoanarkPosted 12/14/2011 3:01:19 AM

They all work.

And the decapitation works.

On one of my old characters I was dual weilding daggers and my character stabbed an enemy in their side, brought them to their knees, crossed the dagger at their throat, waiting a second, and slashed them across the nape of their neck... Cutting all the way through and sending the head rolling.

It was amazing and my jaw dropped, I was literally astounded... Coolest animation I've seen in the entire game.

#5JohnnySomething(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 3:06:38 AM
Roanark posted...
They all work.And the decapitation works.On one of my old characters I was dual weilding daggers and my character stabbed an enemy in their side, brought them to their knees, crossed the dagger at their throat, waiting a second, and slashed them across the nape of their neck... Cutting all the way through and sending the head rolling.It was amazing and my jaw dropped, I was literally astounded... Coolest animation I've seen in the entire game.

Nice, coolest one I've seen was single-wielding a one-handed sword, my guy did a slow-mo jump thingy out of hollywood and just impaled a guy in his chest.