If I start a new game, will it wipe all my other saves?

#1ZacTBPosted 12/15/2011 10:25:21 AM
I have my main game going, but I would like to start a new game just to check out all the other character models (I just went straight for Nord) if I click "New" on the main menu then click yes to "Start a new game?", will it delete my main saves?
---
"Please remember, Science rhymes with compliance. Do you know what doesn't rhyme with compliance? Neurotoxin" - Portal 2
#2cheezedadadaPosted 12/15/2011 10:28:45 AM
If you have saves that are not autosaves, you can make as many as you want. A lot of people on the boards have multiple characters. Youre safe!
#3littlecletusPosted 12/15/2011 10:43:01 AM
It will mix up your saves, old game and new.
This could very well not be an problem for you, as each save is listed by character name.

But the fact that one boneheaded mistake while saving could wipe out one of your characters made me nervous. I save each of my four characters to different places. 1 on HDD, 1 on memery card, 1 on internal hard drive, and now 1 on the cloud.
---
I aim to misbehave.
#4KimgssPosted 12/15/2011 11:42:16 AM
It will not, but you should be careful when saving so as not to erase your main character's save file. Just to be safe, I have three save files for each character so if I erase something, I don't have to backtrack a lot of stuff.
---
If you want to make a game E-rated, make its blood green.
People who got the joke: 3
#5Anarchist_ApplePosted 12/15/2011 11:43:33 AM
That's pretty organised Cletus. I'm just careful about what I delete but I like your approach to back ups.
---
Gamertag: Anarchist Apple