Muffled Movement Perk vs Muffle-Enchanted Footwear

#1KC_CheeseKingPosted 12/15/2011 6:49:21 PM
Would it be a waste to pick the Muffled movement perk if I intend to make use of boots enchanted with Muffle? It seems like they would do the same thing, unless of course they stack? Anyone know for sure?
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multi-player or co-op.
#2BoxTheMuppetPosted 12/15/2011 6:52:14 PM
You cant get more quiet than silent. Unless it stacks and you start to absorb sounds around you like a black hole of noiseless-ness. In short I have no clue.
#3neonsurfboardPosted 12/15/2011 6:52:39 PM

I think the perk reduces it by 50% and the enchantment is 100%, which would make stacking pointless.  However, I don't know how necessary any muffle beyond 50% is.

I get the perk just because I need it to get shadow warrior.

#4Micskill01Posted 12/15/2011 6:55:41 PM
My advice would be to take the perk (in order to get shadow warrior) and use a different enchantment on your footware since you can sneak just fine, the armor penalty barely matters later in the game
#5neonsurfboardPosted 12/15/2011 6:55:54 PM

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Muffle_(effect)

This seems to suggest the spell muffle is 100%, while they are assuming the enchantment is 50%.  Not really definative.

#6xGenocidestPosted 12/15/2011 6:56:17 PM
Pretty sure they stack. With both I can basically sneak right up infront of someone. On the Wiki it says it even reduces the sound of your weapons (except bows) with both perk/enchantment/spell.
#7AigonrothPosted 12/15/2011 6:56:22 PM
I think only the Muffle Spell provides 100% movement noise reduction.

The Perk provides 50% and I think the enchantment to boots provides 50%, Personally I have no issues with just the Perk while sneaking, and it means I can enchant something else on my boots.
---
A human must be judged solely on their actions, words mean nothing until channeled into something.
#8KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 11:48:07 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
You cant get more quiet than silent. Unless it stacks and you start to absorb sounds around you like a black hole of noiseless-ness. In short I have no clue.

That would be awesome.
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multi-player or co-op.