Muffled Movement Perk vs Muffle-Enchanted Footwear

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Muffled Movement Perk vs Muffle-Enchanted Footwear

User Info: KC_CheeseKing

KC_CheeseKing
5 years ago#1
Would it be a waste to pick the Muffled movement perk if I intend to make use of boots enchanted with Muffle? It seems like they would do the same thing, unless of course they stack? Anyone know for sure?
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multi-player or co-op.

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
5 years ago#2
You cant get more quiet than silent. Unless it stacks and you start to absorb sounds around you like a black hole of noiseless-ness. In short I have no clue.

User Info: neonsurfboard

neonsurfboard
5 years ago#3

I think the perk reduces it by 50% and the enchantment is 100%, which would make stacking pointless.  However, I don't know how necessary any muffle beyond 50% is.

I get the perk just because I need it to get shadow warrior.

User Info: Micskill01

Micskill01
5 years ago#4
My advice would be to take the perk (in order to get shadow warrior) and use a different enchantment on your footware since you can sneak just fine, the armor penalty barely matters later in the game

User Info: neonsurfboard

neonsurfboard
5 years ago#5

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Muffle_(effect)

This seems to suggest the spell muffle is 100%, while they are assuming the enchantment is 50%.  Not really definative.

User Info: xGenocidest

xGenocidest
5 years ago#6
Pretty sure they stack. With both I can basically sneak right up infront of someone. On the Wiki it says it even reduces the sound of your weapons (except bows) with both perk/enchantment/spell.

User Info: Aigonroth

Aigonroth
5 years ago#7
I think only the Muffle Spell provides 100% movement noise reduction.

The Perk provides 50% and I think the enchantment to boots provides 50%, Personally I have no issues with just the Perk while sneaking, and it means I can enchant something else on my boots.
A human must be judged solely on their actions, words mean nothing until channeled into something.

User Info: KC_CheeseKing

KC_CheeseKing
5 years ago#8
BoxTheMuppet posted...
You cant get more quiet than silent. Unless it stacks and you start to absorb sounds around you like a black hole of noiseless-ness. In short I have no clue.

That would be awesome.
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multi-player or co-op.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Muffled Movement Perk vs Muffle-Enchanted Footwear

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived