flawless sapphire please

#1crockadockPosted 12/15/2011 7:38:12 PM
can anyone tell me where i might find just one flawless sapphire? it'll clear like 4 quest lines out of my miscellaneous quest log. driving. me. //crazy.
---
GamerTag: Crockadock
Tell the New Age to give me a call when its old enough to drink
#2crockadock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 7:59:20 PM
i even have a regular sapphire. can i make it flawless?
---
#3crockadock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2011 6:26:21 AM
one last plea for help....
---
#4WestSdeNleVrusPosted 12/16/2011 6:28:15 AM
Besides the odd one that might be a quest reward, those types of items are random for the most part.
#5I_Dont_AgreePosted 12/16/2011 6:30:00 AM
You could try to find a big mine or lots of ore deposits and mine it. It's random, but is a hell of a lot better than hoping for them to spawn in boss chests.
---
''It's hot as hell in here.'' ''You see it too? For me, it's always like this.''
James, Angela- Silent Hill 2
#6nurufinwePosted 12/16/2011 6:37:35 AM

Just go onto UESP, it's all there

I think there's one in the temple of dilbella in Morthal. If you mine long enough you'll find them though

#7asrttyoxoPosted 12/16/2011 6:42:15 AM
TC,

You can finish every other part of that quest first and come back to the Flawless Sapphires later.

I picked up those quests at level 6 or so and just last night found the second flawless sapphire (at level 47).

I also have had the better loot perks in lockpicking for a long time and I found 2 flawless diamonds as loot before 2 flawless sapphires.
#8crockadock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2011 6:55:35 AM
nurufinwe posted...
Just go onto UESP, it's all there I think there's one in the temple of dilbella in Morthal. If you mine long enough you'll find them though

Thanks I'll check Morthal. All the UESP says is the obvious "Gems are mined from ore veins in Mines and found as treasure in chests and on monsters." I've cleared out all the mines I know of and only got one of two I need. I've got a kettle in my whiterun house full of miscellaneous gems so next time i get a quest requiring gems I have some to fall back on. The odds are just not working out in my favor.
---
#9TitanicHornetPosted 12/16/2011 7:01:21 AM
Pickpocket it. I have found a couple of "flawless" gems on people. Otherwise its a crapshoot with mining ore. I find the better the ore ie gold, nets you better quality gems.
---
You dont win silver, you lose gold!
#10MrGodaiPosted 12/16/2011 7:02:45 AM
you find significantly more gems of all types if you finish No Stones Unturned quest

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:No_Stone_Unturned

now i'm finding flawless sapphires everywhere.

the reward for the flawless sapphires quest sucks btw.