Does reverse pickpocket work in Skyrim?

#1gedo24Posted 12/22/2011 3:41:40 PM
I was just wondering if the reverse pickpocket thing works, because i don't feel like boosting my pickpocket skill for the perk that lets you take people's clothes and i don't want to go on a murder spree.
---
J ritefully belongs in majic
#2Immortal_AzraelPosted 12/22/2011 3:42:53 PM
Yep. There's even a perk where you can reverse pickpocket poison into someone's inventory and it will do damage to them.
---
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/ImmortalAzrael.jpg
#3masterpug53Posted 12/22/2011 3:44:34 PM
Unfortunately they've added some kind of clause that prevents NPCs from equipping new clothing even if it has a higher armor rating : /

Not for nothing, but if anyone has actually gotten an NPC to equip clothing that was reverse-pickpocketed onto them, I'd love to hear about it.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#4OLDBOYviciousPosted 12/22/2011 10:03:07 PM
If you have the perk to take equipped items, then place a new weapon in a gaurd's inventory after taking all his weapons, he will equip it when he enters combat mode. I do not believe the same holds true for armor
---
pssst... hey, don't look now ... but, um, Lizardman is following you for some reason
#5Spartan_VicePosted 12/22/2011 10:04:24 PM
I'm just annoyed that everybody wears magical armor that reappears on them after awhile.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
Quoting something that sounds intelligent does not stop you from looking like an idiot.
#6PotentialCyborgPosted 12/22/2011 10:05:36 PM
masterpug53 posted...
Unfortunately they've added some kind of clause that prevents NPCs from equipping new clothing even if it has a higher armor rating : /

Not for nothing, but if anyone has actually gotten an NPC to equip clothing that was reverse-pickpocketed onto them, I'd love to hear about it.

I got daedric on chief Yamarz before I thralled that sucka.
Never worked again though.
#7bretopherPosted 12/22/2011 10:24:25 PM
gedo24 posted...
I was just wondering if the reverse pickpocket thing works, because i don't feel like boosting my pickpocket skill for the perk that lets you take people's clothes and i don't want to go on a murder spree.

It doesn't work for armor no matter what. They won't equip it even if you steal the clothes they're wearing (gotta have the perk) and reverse pickpocket different armor. They'll just walk around naked. It's pretty lame because one of my favorite things to do in fallout 3 was to redress everyone.