Is it possible to beat the game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Is it possible to beat the game?

User Info: baseballfan5

baseballfan5
5 years ago#1
I just got the game, is it possible to beat it? people are telling me it never ends and I just dont get that

User Info: pkmnpkmn

pkmnpkmn
5 years ago#2
yes
Currently playing:TES V Skyrim;Virtual Villagers 3 the Secret City.

User Info: Halectic

Halectic
5 years ago#3
It never ends, there are no ending credits and quests never stop being generated
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835

User Info: baseballfan5

baseballfan5
5 years ago#4
oh thats kind of cool

User Info: Webstedge

Webstedge
5 years ago#5
you CAN finish the main storyline tho but quests go on
NY Knicks
Philadelphia Eagles

User Info: Keldonis

Keldonis
5 years ago#6
Yes, it's possible to beat. This isn't an MMO.

There are a certain amount of quests and places to explore in this game, once you do it, it's beaten.

It should take you hundreds of hours to fully complete however.
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.

User Info: Halectic

Halectic
5 years ago#7
There are a limited number of locations, but quests are infinite. So it is impossible to do every quest
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835

User Info: Keldonis

Keldonis
5 years ago#8
Halectic posted...
There are a limited number of locations, but quests are infinite. So it is impossible to do every quest

If by infinite, you mean randomly generated fetch quests that serve no other purpose than "fetch this item, kill this person"....then yes.

There are a certain finite amount of named side- missions, guild missions, and the MQ. The game goes on yes, but for what purpose? A few hundred gold and pointless never ending miscellaneous quests with no reward?

Perhaps, by definition, you can't beat this game, "technically." However, I'd consider it "beat" with every namable side mission done, all the guilds, the MQ, every location discovered/cleared, max level, etc...which most people won't even be playing this game long enough to do anyway.
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
5 years ago#9
There's no credits so when you beat the main quest it feels like there's no closure, which I hate about TES, but that's primarily because there's always stuff to do.

User Info: Wstonefi

Wstonefi
5 years ago#10
Depends on what you mean by beating the game. If you just rush through the main quest, fast-travel everywhere, and ignore everything else, it can be done in 10 hours. But the main quest is less than 5% of this game's total content. Most sane people will not come close to experiencing all of the content.

Even ignoring the randomly-generated "radiant" quests, there are a ridiculous number of side-quests to complete, dungeons to clear, places to explore, and skills to train. In that sense, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to truly "beat" Skyrim.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Is it possible to beat the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived