Is it possible to beat the game?

#1baseballfan5Posted 12/24/2011 8:35:56 PM
I just got the game, is it possible to beat it? people are telling me it never ends and I just dont get that
#2pkmnpkmnPosted 12/24/2011 8:36:10 PM
yes
---
Currently playing:TES V Skyrim;Virtual Villagers 3 the Secret City.
#3HalecticPosted 12/24/2011 8:36:30 PM
It never ends, there are no ending credits and quests never stop being generated
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#4baseballfan5(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2011 8:37:33 PM
oh thats kind of cool
#5WebstedgePosted 12/24/2011 8:39:09 PM(edited)
you CAN finish the main storyline tho but quests go on
---
NY Knicks
Philadelphia Eagles
#6KeldonisPosted 12/24/2011 8:41:37 PM
Yes, it's possible to beat. This isn't an MMO.

There are a certain amount of quests and places to explore in this game, once you do it, it's beaten.

It should take you hundreds of hours to fully complete however.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#7HalecticPosted 12/24/2011 8:42:39 PM
There are a limited number of locations, but quests are infinite. So it is impossible to do every quest
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#8KeldonisPosted 12/24/2011 8:56:59 PM(edited)
Halectic posted...
There are a limited number of locations, but quests are infinite. So it is impossible to do every quest

If by infinite, you mean randomly generated fetch quests that serve no other purpose than "fetch this item, kill this person"....then yes.

There are a certain finite amount of named side- missions, guild missions, and the MQ. The game goes on yes, but for what purpose? A few hundred gold and pointless never ending miscellaneous quests with no reward?

Perhaps, by definition, you can't beat this game, "technically." However, I'd consider it "beat" with every namable side mission done, all the guilds, the MQ, every location discovered/cleared, max level, etc...which most people won't even be playing this game long enough to do anyway.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#9TehPwnzererPosted 12/24/2011 8:51:16 PM
There's no credits so when you beat the main quest it feels like there's no closure, which I hate about TES, but that's primarily because there's always stuff to do.
#10WstonefiPosted 12/24/2011 8:53:59 PM
Depends on what you mean by beating the game. If you just rush through the main quest, fast-travel everywhere, and ignore everything else, it can be done in 10 hours. But the main quest is less than 5% of this game's total content. Most sane people will not come close to experiencing all of the content.

Even ignoring the randomly-generated "radiant" quests, there are a ridiculous number of side-quests to complete, dungeons to clear, places to explore, and skills to train. In that sense, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to truly "beat" Skyrim.