Bound Bow build

#1HeartbreakKid37Posted 12/26/2011 3:05:02 PM
Looking for input on a conjuration/archery build. This is what I have that will take me to level 44 with 6 left over skills before level 50.

First off race I wanted to go Breton for the magic resistance.

Archery= 5/5 Overdraw, 3/3 Critical Shot, 1/1 Eagle Eye, 1/2 Steady Hand, 1/1 Power Shot, 1/1 Quick Shot, 1/1 Bull's Eye (Total 13 points)

Conjuration= 1/1 Novice Conjuration, 1/1 Mystic Binding, 1/1 Soul Stealer, 1/1 Oblivion Binding, 1/1 Conjuration Dual Casting, 2/2 Summoner, 1/1 Atromancy, 1/1 Elemental Potency, 1/1 Twin Souls (Total 10 points)

Sneak= 1/5 Stealth, 1/1 Backstab, 1/1 Deadly Aim (Total 3 points)

Illusion= 1/1 Novice Illusion, 1/1 Animage, 1/1 Kindred Mage, 1/1 Quiet Casting (Total 4 points)

Alteration= 1/1 Novice Alteration, 1/1 Apprentice Alteration, 3/3 Magic Resistance (Total 5 points)

Enchanting= 5/5 Enchanter, 1/1 Insightful Enchanter, 1/1 Corpus Enchanter, 1/1 Extra Effect (Total of 8 points)

Well that is where I am at right now. I figured with my summons and companion with archery not to much is going to get close to me. The things that can throw stuff at me I will have a lot of magic resistance. Let me know where you think those last 6 points should go or if you think any of the stuff I chose is useless.

I figured I could either pump more into illusion to make it useful and enchant my gear to make it free to use illusion and conjuration magic. Or I could use those last 6 points to pump the Conjuration magic less. I dunno just give me an idea of what you think.
---
Favorite Teams: Kentucky Wildcats, San Antonio Spurs, and Carolina Panthers... No other sport really matters to me.
#2DevistroPosted 12/26/2011 3:15:56 PM
Max level is 81, not 50.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/

Bound bow is very weak, you can do way more insane damage with smithing/enchanting and a real bow.

Atronachs are really really weak at higher levels, only dead thralls/dremora lords are worth using then.

You can enchant away the conjuration costs and focus most of your stat points on health/stamina.

Alteration magic resist isn't really worth all those perks, you can just enchant 1 item(necklace, ring, or shield) with resist magic and you won't have any issues with casters. If you enchant 2, you'll be at the max for magic resistance.

Don't put more than 1 point in steady aim, it uses way too much stamina and makes playing an archer unbearable.

If you go with smithing don't bother putting tons of points into agile defender or juggernaut. With +smithing enchanting gear and a blacksmith potion you can reach the cap without wasting perks.

You don't have to take the right side for daedric weapons, if you want to take the right smithing side for daedric weapons but you want light armor, it'll have to be dragon. I recommend going with heavy armor. With the perks it's the same as light armor when sneaking.

Don't bother putting more than 1 point in the stealth perk. When you're at 100 stealth, it's useless. It's only 20% more than level 1 but wastes 4 perks. You can just enchant 1 item or do fine without it.

I'd do something like this -> http://skyrimcalculator.com/#34932
---
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
#3instigator1230Posted 12/26/2011 3:19:07 PM
Actually, I made a very similar post a couple of days ago with no responses... So here's the deal, I'll post my build and give my opinion of yours, you give your opinion of mine, cool?

Here's my build:
Race: Breton
Perks:
11 Archery - 5/5 Overdraw, 2/2 Steady Hand, all left side perks to end
4+ Heavy Armor - 1(+4?) Juggernaut, all left side for Conditioning
7 Sneak - 5/5 Stealth, Backstab, Deadly Aim
4 Illusion - Quiet Casting and all prerequisites
2+ Conjuration - Novice Conjuration, Mystic Binding (possibly up to Adept Conjuration for half price Bound Bow)
8 Enchanting - 5/5 Enchanter, middle path to Extra Effect

Concept should be pretty obvious. Stealth mode, use Bound Bow as primary weapon. Heavy Armor for extra durability in times when I can't avoid face-to-face combat (dragons mostly).

I'll be using the Warrior Stone to start (just because it's right there), then Steed Stone as soon as I have an opportunity to get to it. Once I have Conditioning, I'll switch to the Lover Stone to finish up what skills i still need, then the Lord Stone for the endgame.

That's pretty much it. As it sits (without the extras I mentioned) this will take me to lvl 40, leaving behind enough perks to boost Juggernaut, or put into One-Handed for up-close survivability with dual Mystic Swords if things get out of control. From everything I've seen, read, and experienced in the game, the Mystic upgrade for the bound bow puts it up to the highest base damage in the game. I'll have unlimited bound arrows, which match daedric for damage.

I'll post something about yours in a few minutes.
---
-2nd cousin, thrice removed, of a guy who once accidentally bumped into the Toeh.
#4PathlessBulletPosted 12/26/2011 3:24:10 PM
Bound Bow is comparable to an actual Daedric bow with the Mystic Binding Perk and should only be considered "very weak" in the sense that it can't be made damn near game breaking through exploiting the poorly balanced mechanics of Smithing and Enchanting.

Archery with enough Perks is already easy mode.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#5DevistroPosted 12/26/2011 3:28:20 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Bound Bow is comparable to an actual Daedric bow with the Mystic Binding Perk and should only be considered "very weak" in the sense that it can't be made damn near game breaking through exploiting the poorly balanced mechanics of Smithing and Enchanting.

Archery with enough Perks is already easy mode.

Thus it's considered weak. It doesn't even do 100 damage a hit. Meanwhile even a lower tier legendary daedric bow does more damage than it and you don't have to waste time summoning. If you're having problems with enemies dying too fast, set it on master- they put up a decent fight even at 81.
---
#6BladeKnifePosted 12/26/2011 3:39:59 PM
Bound Bow is actually great because it comes with free Daedric level arrows, meaning it will get a damage bonus you'd rarely see on physical bows. It's be far stronger than any other bow until the endgame, at which point what you use doesn't matter very much.
---
Disclaimer: you must be 16 years or older to have meaningful conversations on the internet.
#7instigator1230Posted 12/26/2011 3:41:29 PM
Ok, now for my comments:

Archery: Critical shot is broken. Same deal as the Bladesman perk for 1handed, critical bonus is only based off of weapon base damage... which, now that I think about it, actually would work perfectly fine for a Mystic Bow build. Ok, going to edit that back into mine, so my Archery tree is the same as yours.

Conjuration: I don't know too much about it, but I've heard alot of people raving about the usefulness of Dead Thralls over Atronachs. But like I said, I don't know, personally. And I took Mystic Binding, but the other Bound Weapon perks, I avoided. Figured they'd be better spent elsewhere, for me at least. Also, just a thought, but you might want to see how Oblivion Binding will interact with your own summons if they catch a stray shot.

Sneak: Yeah, I need to pull some points out of here... will be the same after revision.

Illusion: Same

Alteration: I like the idea of Magic Resist via perks, freeing up enchant slots for damage boosts and whatnot, but not quite sold on it at this point.

Enchanting: Same
---
-2nd cousin, thrice removed, of a guy who once accidentally bumped into the Toeh.
#8Fallout3_GirlPosted 12/26/2011 3:49:08 PM(edited)
I would seriously consider the following:

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#34956

It focuses just on bound bow. You'll have all your core skills by level 25 and may want to consider Illusion for quiet casting so summoning your bound bow won't be heard a mile away. You'll have a ton of perks left over.

Enchanting should focus on + bow damage.
Consider Alchemy for the poisons.
---
Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such amusing posts as "I need validation" and "You just read this in the sound of my voice".
#9DevistroPosted 12/26/2011 3:48:13 PM
Dead thralls are powerful depending on what you equip them with. You can throw insanely powerful enchanted weapons on a dead thrall then just keep bringing them back to life over and over. They won't have much armor to defend against attacks but they'll do really good damage.
---
#10instigator1230Posted 12/26/2011 4:08:13 PM
Devistro posted...
Max level is 81, not 50.
I may be wrong, but it was my understanding that perks ran out after lvl 50, right?

Don't put more than 1 point in steady aim, it uses way too much stamina and makes playing an archer unbearable.
While I agree with most of your comments, I think this one varies from player to player. Personally, I always take the 2nd level perk. However, I also dump 75% of my levels into stamina. Gives me the time to line up as many shots as possible before the target ever gets to me. Health rendered almost unnecessary. Almost. Usually.

My advice would be to save before taking the second perk, try it out for a while, if you like it: keep it. If not, reload.
---