Who's the best / favorite follower?

#1SaintHero666Posted 12/26/2011 8:04:21 PM
I've been using the Sanguine Rose to summon a Dremora and Conjuration spell to have a second summon with me. So I'm wondering, who the best, if not your favorite follower? I kinda want to have three people / demons fighting along side me.
#2AnakeriePosted 12/26/2011 8:07:15 PM
My favorites are Erik and Erandur. Erik is a really nice guy, a great fighter, and is excited and enthusiastic about the places you take him. Erandur has an awesome accent, cannot be killed, is an amazing battle-mage, and comments about where you are. You may get a little tired of hearing him go on and on about how he was kicked out of the bard's college, but he'll make up for it when you see him level an entire area with fire.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then 2500 cheese wheels came out of ******* nowhere!
#3AkridHunterPosted 12/26/2011 8:08:22 PM
Probably Kharjo is the best. He can be found with the traveling Khajiit caravans and has good Heavy Armor, One Handed, Blocking, and Sneak.
If you need a mage, hire Marcurio in Riften. He's got the highest 'intelligence' of any follower and will actually change spells or use staffs you give him based on the situation.
---
"A rocket launcher to the face does it in much less than time."
-LarsonSier
#4hauntbotPosted 12/26/2011 8:10:49 PM
Anakerie posted...
My favorites are Erik and Erandur. Erik is a really nice guy, a great fighter, and is excited and enthusiastic about the places you take him. Erandur has an awesome accent, cannot be killed, is an amazing battle-mage, and comments about where you are. You may get a little tired of hearing him go on and on about how he was kicked out of the bard's college, but he'll make up for it when you see him level an entire area with fire.

^ive used erandur some and liked him, but never got around to trying to teach him heal other. will he heal you if taught heal other?

aside from erandur, jzargho is funny, has the khajit voice which i like, and is actually the strongest follower in the game. most followers level cap at 40 or 50, jzargho can go all the way to 81 with you, and winds up with as much health as the toughest warriors, as well as a fat mana pool. 100 skill in one handed and heavy armor as well as destruction, too, so hes a versatile and dangerous dude all around.
---
NV 4 LYFE!!!1111(not changing dis sig until fo4 comes out.... or my a.d.d. distracts me & i sig something stupid)
#5SaintHero666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 8:13:23 PM
I personally want a mage since I'm already a one-handed warrior and the Dremora I summon is a warrior as well, so having a mage will balance things out. I'm thinking either Erandur or Marcurio.
#6hauntbotPosted 12/26/2011 8:13:32 PM
for anyone interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aly8njaU3H1adGJYTlJaUnRxRUN2RnM5MkxPaU1mQkE&toomany=true
---
NV 4 LYFE!!!1111(not changing dis sig until fo4 comes out.... or my a.d.d. distracts me & i sig something stupid)
#7SaintHero666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 8:16:07 PM
hauntbot posted...
aside from erandur, jzargho is funny, has the khajit voice which i like, and is actually the strongest follower in the game. most followers level cap at 40 or 50, jzargho can go all the way to 81 with you, and winds up with as much health as the toughest warriors, as well as a fat mana pool. 100 skill in one handed and heavy armor as well as destruction, too, so hes a versatile and dangerous dude all around.

Holy ****, are you serious? Is he like the Fawkes of Skyrim?
#8SaintHero666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 8:17:13 PM
hauntbot posted...
for anyone interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aly8njaU3H1adGJYTlJaUnRxRUN2RnM5MkxPaU1mQkE&toomany=true

Sweet, that's actually incredibly useful. Thanks for posting that.
#9hump3rdnkPosted 12/26/2011 8:20:04 PM
Marcurio...idk how to spell his name, the mercenary Mage from riften in the bee and barb. I honestly only got him to sacrifice him and he tore everything up way more than any other follower I've had. He zaps people with chain lightning and 1-2 hits almost everything.

I only use him on certain tough quests cause he is the only follower that gets too many kills to the point that it hinders my exp gain.

Needless to say I changed my mind about sacrificing him as he is IMO by far the strongest follower in the game.
#10hauntbotPosted 12/26/2011 8:21:41 PM
sainthero666 posted...

Holy ****, are you serious? Is he like the Fawkes of Skyrim?

well, he comes with apprentice robes and a crappy bow instead of an infinite gatling laser, but if you take the time to gear him out properly, he is one mean kitty.
---