Has anyone spotted an unenchanted Apprentice Hood?

#1scorpeusPosted 12/28/2011 9:26:47 PM
I realized that the Apprentice Hood fits perfectly with orcish armor; however, I would like even better if I could find one unenchanted so I could enchant it myself. Has anyone seen one or know if they're around? (I recall seeing unenchanted "Mage's Hoods" around, although they are blue rather than the rough leather brown color)
---
"I am Revan reborn...And before me you are nothing."
The one line worth reading in 'Revan', the novel.
#2eugene1222Posted 12/28/2011 9:30:22 PM
All the unenchanted Mage Hoods I have seen were of the Novice Hood color variety. If you can find other colors, can you let me know where you seen them?? (since that isnt blue as you said but rather rough leather color, found at the restoration mage in the college all the time she sells one and on random thieves)
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#3GriffRobertsPosted 12/28/2011 9:31:25 PM
Try the Radiant Raiment in Solitude. I bought an unenchanted Mage hood there that's exactly the color you're talking about.

And sometimes the mages at the Winterhold College sell unenchanted hoods, too.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#4eugene1222Posted 12/28/2011 9:33:05 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Try the Radiant Raiment in Solitude. I bought an unenchanted Mage hood there that's exactly the color you're talking about.

For me that shop never sells anything different, always the same inventory (alikr hood, a few apprentice/adept/etc. robes, and enchanted jewelry/circlets, and of course a bunch of clothes/hats but NEVER hoods of any kind)
---
#5marcadorPosted 12/28/2011 9:36:41 PM
I ran into a "hat" that was definitely a hood in Fellglow (sp?) Keep. Wherever the second mission of the Mages Guild sends you on. (IIRC it should be just south of Rift Watchtower, maybe a little SW of it). I know that loot is pretty much completely random...but hey, you can give it a shot.
#6Resultsmayvary0Posted 12/28/2011 9:37:53 PM
eugene1222 posted...
GriffRoberts posted...

For me that shop never sells anything different, always the same inventory (alikr hood, a few apprentice/adept/etc. robes, and enchanted jewelry/circlets, and of course a bunch of clothes/hats but NEVER hoods of any kind)

Kill the vendor and reload the game.
#7eugene1222Posted 12/28/2011 9:38:56 PM
Resultsmayvary0 posted...
eugene1222 posted...
GriffRoberts posted...

Kill the vendor and reload the game.

I know these tricks but its always the same goddamn things she stocks. Different enchants on em and different types of apprentice/etc. robes, but never anything new...
---
#8scorpeus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2011 9:40:33 PM
I do not know these tricks. If you kill the vendor and reload the game, wouldn't it just reload whatever stock they had when they died?
---
"I am Revan reborn...And before me you are nothing."
The one line worth reading in 'Revan', the novel.
#9xGenocidestPosted 12/28/2011 9:45:02 PM
If you really want one and cant find an unenchanted version, do the Mannequin dupe glitch and the hood should be unenchanted.
#10eugene1222Posted 12/28/2011 9:47:04 PM
scorpeus posted...
I do not know these tricks. If you kill the vendor and reload the game, wouldn't it just reload whatever stock they had when they died?

Nah, for some reason their stock resets when they get hostile. So if you get them hostile and reload, they will have different items for sale and their gold also resets (handy in case you dont wanna put perks into speech but still unload a bunch of loot at merchants at a time)

xGenocidest posted...
If you really want one and cant find an unenchanted version, do the Mannequin dupe glitch and the hood should be unenchanted.

Nah, only works with items you enchanted yourself (well, only works like that for me at least meh)
---